HOME       >>       Staff Room

Avatar Idea mods and admins avatar

Becca

well you could learn from these forums click here they are REALLY neat and everything is set out really nicely with uber cool graphics/pixels and stuff.. they use the small avatar name thing underneath the username.. if you get me

Johnny

I don't. If we did a  member could register as the name trap17_owner or something and put the banner in his sig saying his an admin.

Whereas if we just put it where the stars ( *** ) are meant to be then a member will find it harder to pretend he's a staffie.

201287[/snapback]

That problem would be solved by the fact that those kind of member names are restricted already through the admin panel.

All of our staffies here should know each other, so if we find anyone impersonating a staff member, we can simply ban them.

@Saint Mike -- Well, not -just- the Xisto logo. I was thinking of an image with the t17 logo in the background, then it would say Admin, or Mod, in our admin/mod colors, then we can take it from there as long as the base image was still very visible. Or like I said, we could all have the same one, only with our respective names "signed" on them.

And making them for members would be cool, only they'd just get the base and "Member" on them...if they're customized like ours it will be a bit harder to distinguish who's staff and who isn't.

BuffaloHelp

Dear Xisto administrators and moderators,Surprise!!! I accidentally stumbled on to this page and changed our "special" insignia. Please report any feedback, error (OpaQue warned me to be careful to edit member profiles so if you are hosting just be on the look out for hosting credits and your site) or any other picture/icon you would rather use. If you don't like the color just let me know.You may now go back to using your own avatar...that way we all stay unique yet united. One hell-la-va paradox.

mayank

Dear Xisto administrators and moderators,

Surprise!!! I accidentally stumbled on to this page and changed our "special" insignia. Please report any feedback, error (OpaQue warned me to be careful to edit member profiles so if you are hosting just be on the look out for hosting credits and your site) or any other picture/icon you would rather use. If you don't like the color just let me know.

You may now go back to using your own avatar...that way we all stay unique yet united. One hell-la-va paradox.

202922[/snapback]

That's a nice Idea!

It looks nice..these small blog kinda buttons looks good..i always love them and have them on my website as well

Becca

That's a nice Idea!

It looks nice..these small blog kinda buttons looks good..i always love them and have them on my website as well

203035[/snapback]

XD all the ones http://forums.xisto.com/topic/125-user-contributions/ there that are the tiny ones were made by me XD

is it me.. or has anyone noticed that these icon things totally clash with my avatar? And the block colours look a little dodgy.. it's like the area is too big.. because usually the first box is smaller than the second.. mehh... they look cool though.. just a little i dunno.. over taking

Dooga

Maybe... what happens if members customize their Custom Title to display this?

BuffaloHelp

Maybe... what happens if members customize their Custom Title to display this?

203071[/snapback]

This is found under Admin Control Panel and no one but Admins can change this icon bar. This is replaced instead of those small blocks or ********* post bars.

is it me.. or has anyone noticed that these icon things totally clash with my avatar? And the block colours look a little dodgy.. it's like the area is too big.. because usually the first box is smaller than the second.. mehh... they look cool though.. just a little i dunno.. over taking

I am open to suggestion. I was so excited to finally figured out how to edit that I had to rush to http://www.lucazappa.com/brilliantMaker/buttonImage.php site (I think it was servph who gave me this link) and made one on the fly.

As I said in my previous post (now I'm sure no one reads my posts) please suggest different color, design or even whole new graphics. Remember that they need to be in this width and length. Otherwise it will shrink

Becca

This is found under Admin Control Panel and no one but Admins can change this icon bar. This is replaced instead of those small blocks or ********* post bars.

I am open to suggestion. I was so excited to finally figured out how to edit that I had to rush to http://www.lucazappa.com/brilliantMaker/buttonImage.php site (I think it was servph who gave me this link) and made one on the fly.

As I said in my previous post (now I'm sure no one reads my posts) please suggest different color, design or even whole new graphics. Remember that they need to be in this width and length. Otherwise it will shrink

203074[/snapback]

member's can't post images in their member titles.. and i think only active members who have lots of posts can do that.. and i don't think they would actually dare to do it.. because most would risk losing hosting and getting banned. No suggestions.. i don't really know why everyone LOVES it though...

BuffaloHelp

i don't really know why everyone LOVES it though...

203101[/snapback]

Since we've been on the Lite skin, it has been bit dull and very archaic--like turning on the computer these days and looking at the old DOS (that's direct operating system and not the SQL attack ) screen--no GUI interface.

So throwing on a little splash of color does brighten up the forum/day. I was thinking, you know the POWERED BY TRA17 animating gif found in your cPanel? What if we could do something similar with our insignia?

Becca

i made some more boring ones to suit the lite design colours. If you don't like them.. which probably no one would.. could at least change mine or something. it's making me twitch the deep blue... i made an admin one. they a enot that good but the colours kind of match.

BuffaloHelp

I do not believe I can just change your member rank. So I'll upload these to my gallery and change it for everyone.The reason I picked stronger royal blue and stop light red is to get member's attention (someone mentioned that the colors should be bright and loud). Thank you Becca. By the way, nice avatar Very...japanimation like...EDIT:Hummm, there's seems to be some issue with friendly link when it was changed from dynamic link... I think that's why the gallery isn't working properly.Please stand by until we get this fixed. Then we'll change over to Becca's graphics. Looks like 10px is the maximum height... since it was 15px high it shrunk a bit.

Becca

I do not believe I can just change your member rank. So I'll upload these to my gallery and change it for everyone.

The reason I picked stronger royal blue and stop light red is to get member's attention (someone mentioned that the colors should be bright and loud).

Thank you Becca. By the way, nice avatar Very...japanimation like...

EDIT:

Hummm, there's seems to be some issue with friendly link when it was changed from dynamic link... I think that's why the gallery isn't working properly.

Please stand by until we get this fixed. Then we'll change over to Becca's graphics. Looks like 10px is the maximum height... since it was 15px high it shrunk a bit.

204965[/snapback]

the red one's got bad quality. and i don't mind being a SEMI MOD. XD Thanks.

And my avatar rawks! (coz im cooler than you...)

BuffaloHelp

Are you saying that you are cooler than I? Oh contraire, mon ami. Shall we have it a go? How come moderator's rank insignia looks better than administrator's? They are not even identically spaced out!

Dooga

It's "au" contraire

Johnny

Are you saying that you are cooler than I? Oh contraire, mon ami. Shall we have it a go?

205077[/snapback]

Buffalo would win. Sorry Becca dear. <3

They look fine to me though. Sweet deal. Now I can show off.

Too bad the only place I post lately is the Staffie section, and you guys already know I'm an admin.

Dooga

You mean Becca's ultra girlpower british hong-kongnese accent doesn't beat Buffalo? B)I think the icons are excellent. Can someone direct me to some cool pixel fonts I can download?

Saint_Michael

oh the accent does beat it, thats a give me , i think it was the choice of red buff used makes it icky the blue he used for the mods just goes better with the white.btw im cooler then everyone remember i got the unlimited supply of cool points.about au contraire thats the right spelling but some people use OH instead of saying au.

Johnny

i got the unlimited supply of cool points.

206028[/snapback]

And 17 warnings.

Becca

oh the accent does beat it, thats a give me , i think it was the choice of red buff used makes it icky the blue he used for the mods just goes better with the white.

btw im cooler then everyone remember i got the unlimited supply of cool points.

about au contraire thats the right spelling but some people use OH instead of saying au.

206028[/snapback]

@!@!! haha! I get MY cool points from being soo uncool XD which is totally rad nowadays .. it's my cool generation of youngsters with their weird high iq brains and all.

The blue he used was brighter and I think looks better too.. but it was just the fact that the first area was the same width as the second.. and it looked weird..

Fonts : 04_03 or something is the best one.

Dooga

lol, we need a staff chat area like Xisto...

to becca: I'm sorry, but your avatar is sooo pretty I just had to make my border similar (it was hard work... I'm not girly enough to make pixelly things )

Of course, you have da power to change it if you don't like it being similar

Pages :-

Page 1Page 2

VIEW DESKTOP VERSION REGISTERGET FREE HOSTING

Xisto.com offers Free Web Hosting to its Members for their participation in this Community. We moderate all content posted here but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content. While using this site, you agree to have read and accepted our terms of use, cookie and privacy policy. Copyright 2001-2019 by Xisto Corporation. All Rights Reserved.