xisto Community
TiKiRoKhaN

What Is The Life Of A Star?

Have you ever been interested in w hat is the life of a star? What happens to it, no its not gonna always be black holes! Well im here to tell you ^^!

FYI-Not very good drawing ^^

Posted Image

As you see above, ;) that is the life of a star. Now here's the description!

(Star Formation)

This is the cluster of helium clustering together, also known as "interstellar mass"

Over time it gather's up and gravity causes it to crush together forming a core.

(Main Sequence)

Over time, more and more gas and matter is added to the planet! (wee for the planet :))

(Red Giant or Super Giant)

Now your probably wondering what this is, well its a star. Over time its used up alot of matter, but soon gravity is pushing on it, and due to the gravity being a stronger factor, the planet uses up more resources causing it to die quicker, but as a factor, it grows super huge. Like our sun maybe soon.

--------------

Now from here, the dying star has 2 paths depends on the mass + gravity of it.

--------------

Higher Mass path

(Supernova)

Due to all the pressure, and mass that has been left there, it soon implodes causing a huge invert of energy! Soon it has a explosion causing massive desruction around it...

---Path after Super Nova---

Black Hole

If whats left of it has massive gravity, and massive pressure, it causes a implosion of energy and it becomes a singularity (small thing) and forms a hole in spach of which massive gravity pulls in anything nearby.

Neutron Star

If whats left of the star didnt have enough energy, it forms a neutron star which stays in space but will never form anything else.

(---------------------------------------------)

Lower Mass

Now if the thing had lower mass, it would follow a lonely path.

(White Dwarf)

A dim star in space which is on its way to death, in space it would be impossible to see cause its so dark but it has only one way to go. It soon follows its path to black dwarf.

(Black Dwarf-AKA DEAD STAR)

This is a star which poses no threat or use. It is just a object in space.

I hope this is interesting. I remembered this all from a while ago ^^

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Something to add onto that. All main phase stars, such as the Sun, are constantly expanding. The problem is that the Sun is expanding and we're close to it. Eventually, the sun will get so big that Earth will get scorched into a crisp. Don't worry,though, this will occur in a few billion years. Yup, we're all gonna die!

It doesnt continuously expand :), every star runs off of fuel or helium stored in the core of the thing, making carbon in which is stored till the time of the supernova of which the carbon turns into iron.But... If it doesnt use that carbon, it becomes a white dwarf then a black dwarf. ;) So no, its impossible for it to keep expanding cause its classified as a MEDIUM STAR, meaning it only lasts a minimum of 10 billion years, and im thinking its about 3/4 done. Cause every hundreds of years the sun becomes redder meaning its dying out.

This is very interesting. Thank you so much for sharing.

Wow the picture,omg the crappest picture in the world no offence but i did not get what you were trying to put on the picture. It didnt mean the slightest to me, i did not get the picture at all but hey you explained it and it sounds cool.

the picture hahahaha, but still its pretty good info, but also i like to mention a post that i did long ago about hypernova stars heres the link to it Click here.

Hopefully we will be a space faring species before the sun engulfs the earth in flames.

I wouldnt want to live in space, i love earth, space is to fked up. no offense, i'd rather live with tree's and animals. Not hard rock and artificial stuff.

I would say about over a million year. It depends on how much gas it has, the size, temperature, etc. New ones are born and die everyday. When the sun dies, we will all be doom. (of course we should have excellent technology by then that would have something else to sub)

very exciting but The life of a star depends only on how much mass the star has.fans money and support.is a feel almost obsesion, it?s a change in your live, you have much money and you are dear.i don?t have the necessary ingredients to be a star.only i knows you have to have affection.Once a star is born, it spends its active life somewhere on the main sequence. Its place on the main sequence is determined by its mass.when you haven?t people you are to finished.

OMG, look at this post:

very exciting but The life of a star depends only on how much mass the star has.fans money and support.is a feel almost obsesion, it´s a change in your live, you have much money and you are dear.i don´t have the necessary ingredients to be a star.only i knows you have to have affection.Once a star is born, it spends its active life somewhere on the main sequence. Its place on the main sequence is determined by its mass.when you haven´t people you are to finished.

Looks like out Sun needs money to live! LOL

I reckon that by the time the sun does finally decide to die out, then our great great great great great ............. grand children will be living on mars, possibly without knowing that the Earth even existed. Apparently, mars looks an appealing planet which is still undergoing investigations. This planet will be ideal if the sun stops burning helium, cos once the Helium's run out, it will start burning another gas, called hydrogen. This will mean that the temperature of the Earth will exceed the upper 100's, mars will be slightly cooler at the kind of temperatures we're living on now.Nice picture by the way - leave the poor guy alone :P We get the gist of the idea, of what it is.Thanks for sharing :P

Nice picture by the way - leave the poor guy alone :P We get the gist of the idea, of what it is.
Thanks for sharing :)

(sorry i havent been around lately) :)
aww im loved :(, but also. I dont think it would be much of a change to the universe if we die. I mean we have only been around for a blink of an eye in the universe standards.

But also, I dont think people will ever be able to live sanely on Mars, or any other planets. It is just to much of a change to a person unless they are born there. We people are social, we need exposure to the outside world, and the places.

Also, I dont think any hippies or anyone would want to live on another planet. Only the self concerned people would want to do that. Instead of moving, we should do the best to keep our world safe and ok. Anyways, I dont think we will be around for the sun to grow. Did you know mars lost its gravitational field due to the suns solar flares.

so.... even if we did move to mars, we would be attacked by solar flares, which will soon affect the earth due to it being affected for millions of years by the sun. So even the end, there is no escaping. The best we could do, is live our lives to the fullest and have our grandchildren, and the grand childrens grandchildren for centuries to come, to have there lives the best they can. For when the day comes, They will know what it was like to live.