HOME       >>       Science and Technology

Yahoo Mail Beta New Look for Yahoo Mail

itssami

Wow ...it looks good...But is there any way to get invitation to use that YAhoo Beta ?

freesoul

Yea, I'm very excited about it. I read some professionalk reviews and some programmers are even jealous of the way the guys at Yahoo! have coded it! You won't believe this but there is drag and drop functionality within the new Y! mail interface and messages can be opened in tabs! I've signed up for the beta testing which is available only to yahoo.com members but haven't recieved any word from them yet! Hope you have better luck.

fffanatics

Yeah i cant wait for this interface. However, i am and always will be a fan of Gmail. I have used it since it started and i love it. Everytime i log in and check it a new feature is up and those always make life even better. I like its interface and i think Yahoo! should copy it. It rocks

wild20

It looks awesome to me. Google was leading the way for a while. No one else challenged it. Then of course Microsoft's Live! came into play and this just heats up all the other email services and it all works out toward our advantage Soon we'll have paid level email for free!All are competing. I would love to test it, but of course, they have to invite you. so I will just wait. Great topic though by the way.

arnz

From what I hear, the interface is very similar to Outlook/Outlook express. I may have not tried it yet, but going by experiences with YahooMail, which had a lot of spam problems in the past (and Hotmail). I probably will be sticking with Gmail, much more easier and the search function helps find a lost post I may search for one day.

sammaye

I have always thought of yahoo as having really bad interfaces to all their services. But now it looks as thou they have picked up a bit. I still dont think it is as good as outlook as I have outlook 2003 on win XP and the interfact is much better still but its getting. It gonna be better than GMAILs interface will ever be...which will be a down for google but I am not sure how many people will actually be drawn by this interface unless yahoo improve their services, I am saying through bt yahoo! broadband which has yahoo services to it and they have bad support etc. I am not sure if it is different for yahoo mail...

LeAnn Rimes My Angel

I've seen your pictures of the Yahoo Beta they're planning on releasing. It's all pretty and nice, but my main concern will always be security and encryption. I've never had any problems with Yahoo before, and I'm sure I never will. They offer outstanding services that are always running 24/7. It will be exciting to see companies such as Yahoo and Google compete to offer larger and larger capacities of e-mail space to the public in order to spark their interest and gain more customers. Technology gets cheaper daily, and continues to grow at an amasing pace. It will be exciting to see how the future unfolds, and scarry at the same time.

lokesh

Wow ...it looks good...But is there any way to get invitation to use that YAhoo Beta ?

212959[/snapback]

Yes, you have to sign up to get an invite to use Yahoo Mail Beta. You can do that

here.

I signed up a month ago, i just received some mail from Yahoo stating that i'm fine in the waiting list and that i would be receiving the invite to use Yahoo Mail Beta very soon.

Anyone who got their Yahoo Mail Beta invite, can you please say after getting the "status of waiting list" mail from Yahoo, how long did it take to receive the invite ?

Gyad

I've never been a big fan of Yahoo services anyway, and this type of new service doesn't really attract me too much. I don't think I'll use it, I'll stick to GMAIL for now.Maybe I'll try using this if I'm in a big need of a new Email.

dLz

I dont use Yahoo, but this looks nice, very nice!

Arne-Christian

Without Google & Gmail i don't think anny of this would happen, they started giving us loads of space, then Hotmail started doing the same, and now Yahoo!, All i have to say evryone should thank Google for the whole idea for giving peoples loads of Space.Annyways i think this will be a cool idea ~ Arne-Christian

hulunes

well,more and more feature will add into...and yahoo mail have upgraded to 2006M capacity basing on its scheme.it declare at the beginning of 2006,user can upgrade to 2006M by activating own self mail.

tdktank59

idk... i think i like gmail better in some ways with its more flexablility with emal forwarding automaticaly i could never do that with yahoo...but heh that was me i looked for a while and gave up gmail was easy to use but then again im a compute rnerd and most computer things are easy lol... but thats me i like the idea but i like gmail more just looks better and stuff but i signed up anyways and lets see how it works lol

lokesh

Without Google & Gmail i don't think anny of this would happen, they started giving us loads of space, then Hotmail started doing the same, and now Yahoo!, All i have to say evryone should thank Google for the whole idea for giving peoples loads of Space.

Annyways i think this will be a cool idea

~ Arne-Christian

215506[/snapback]

You are right Google was the one which made the other companies to offer better service, but google still has lot of work to do. I would like to see many new features in such as bookmarking services, more advanced editing options when composing etc.

The problem with Yahoo mails is that certain features are paid, such as POP3, if it is made free then again there is some serious competition.

Mysterio

hi friends,

Yahoo is supposedly testing its new interface for Yahoo Mail. It looks more like MS Outlook with the folders etc in a left pane, the mail box on the top half of the right and preview on the bottom.

Also a tabbed view if multiple mails are open. Just like Lotus Notes for those who have used it.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

https://www.engadget.com/

The Email wars are heating up and the end users are getting newer and better features. Finally something is happening in the Email world since Gmail coz otherwise the thing was stuck up with MSN and Yahoo and no major improvement or competition since a long time.

Yahoo has form for those interested in joining the beta test(not sure when they would be able to), but this would add u as an interested beta tester.

Cheers.

187502[/snapback]

Good for Yahoo to update there mail service. I used them for about two years until a month ago. It was very good. I never used that 20GB of email space. I maybe fit 2GB in. LOL. Well it is a great site.

You are right Google was the one which made the other companies to offer better service, but google still has lot of work to do. I would like to see many new features in such as bookmarking services, more advanced editing options when composing etc.

The problem with Yahoo mails is that certain features are paid, such as POP3, if it is made free then again there is some serious competition.

Gmail is okay. Like you said it got some seriuous competition. Only thing i hated about yahoo that i got spam email sent to my normal box. Not bulk. Reason why i left it.

Who knows just my opinion.

Mysterio

icemarle

Hmm, Hotmail seems too be doing well being stubborn... But then again, I wouldn't want to waste my time challenging tough competition either. Why should I need to upgrade space when there're already 2 companies battling it out? Besides, Gmail is already winning. I'd focus myself on other things... However, it could also make Hotmail lose revenue... But since they're part of Microsoft anyway, Hotmail is the least of their worries... It's not like Gmail and Yahoo! have their own software company...

gameratheart

I've used Yahoo! Mail for two years and I've never left it since. I have used Hotmail but it ... how do I put it politely ... just plain sucks. Too much spam, MSN sends you unwanted email all the time, and it's STILL only 250MB! Come on, can't Microsoft do better?I'm glad to hear that Yahoo! Mail is changing 'cos the old look is starting to get rather cluttered... but I'm a UK citizen so I'm annoyed the Beta Test is only available in the US... hope they bring it here.And to all of you complaining about the spam on Yahoo!, I must say, Yahoo! does seem to get quite a lot of spam at the start of your account (I got ten emails from unknown senders in the first month, all of which were viruses!), but if you put up with it, the problems just fade away. Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection. I tell you, if you get spam from a person and report it, you'll NEVER hear from them again unless you ask it to!

mystmag

I personally use Yahoo Mail as my primary mail provider. Yahoo provides tons of storage and it presents its information in a friendlier user interface (UI) than other providers such as Hotmail or Gmail. However, this is just my opinion.

Stephen

hi friends,

Yahoo is supposedly testing its new interface for Yahoo Mail. It looks more like MS Outlook with the folders etc in a left pane, the mail box on the top half of the right and preview on the bottom.

Also a tabbed view if multiple mails are open. Just like Lotus Notes for those who have used it.

https://www.engadget.com/

The Email wars are heating up and the end users are getting newer and better features. Finally something is happening in the Email world since Gmail coz otherwise the thing was stuck up with MSN and Yahoo and no major improvement or competition since a long time.

Yahoo has form for those interested in joining the beta test(not sure when they would be able to), but this would add u as an interested beta tester.

Cheers.

187502[/snapback]

gsmupdate

lookin forward to it...

iGuest

I don't want to use the new yahoo beta version. how do i go back to my old yahoo mail?

Pages :-

Page 1Page 2

VIEW DESKTOP VERSION REGISTERGET FREE HOSTING

Xisto.com offers Free Web Hosting to its Members for their participation in this Community. We moderate all content posted here but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content. While using this site, you agree to have read and accepted our terms of use, cookie and privacy policy. Copyright 2001-2019 by Xisto Corporation. All Rights Reserved.