xisto Community
deadmetalmx

Hoverboard Hoverboard inspired from Back to the future 2

In the second "Back to the Future", the flying skateboard was indeed very cool. I looking at Popnext and actually saw a company that sells plans to build something that's remotely similar. Unlike the one in the movie, theirs is based on an air cushion, like hovercrafts. I don't know if it really works, but I did some skateboard myself and this seems to be a great way to either waste your money or go to the emergency room (I guess that money would be wasted there as well).

well for one who would spend that kind of money to make something like that ME yeah their are a few ways but its expensive as the military :)

The link is here.

As dangerous as it probably is, I can't help but wish I had one of these for my own. It's a good thing I'm so lazy or I might actually build one of these things.

oh hell no who would want to by something thats hovers 1 inch if i want hover i like it to be 30-40 :)

I can imagine one day people traveling around the streets on Hoverboards. It might not be in our life times but the way we are progressing with technology is unbelievable and I believe it wouldn't be too hard to make a Hoverboard hover a few inches off the ground. In fact, I think I saw a type of Hoverboard on Ripley's Believe It Or Not program. People that work for dominos pizza would travle on a hoverboard instread of the usural motorbikes. It was quite cool to watch.

What you do it take down grass hills, and you will really fly because there will be very little air resistance. I bet most people here couldn?t stay on it. If I had money to waste why not buy one but for now I will stick to my roller blades. As far as dangerous hopefully any moving parts are covered.

I think that is cool, at first it would be dangerous, and of low quality, but I think with time the hoverboard would progress and become much more safe, more powerful, easier to handle, with a much more sleek design, and become conventional and sold commercialy.It's a likely chance, think of how much safer cars have become since the Model-T...What do you guys think, do you think that it would grow with time like the car did?

I think that is cool, at first it would be dangerous, and of low quality, but I think with time the hoverboard would progress and become much more safe, more powerful, easier to handle, with a much more sleek design, and become conventional and sold commercialy.It's a likely chance, think of how much safer cars have become since the Model-T...
What do you guys think, do you think that it would grow with time like the car did?

I think there is a serious issue of how to power it. Clearly if you have a big gas engine you could provide enough power for the thing but how big would the board have to be. Perhaps there are higher energy fuels per volume then but there may be public safety issues. For instance you obviously arent going to be able to use a mini nuclear reactor if they could be built that small. Perhaps high powered capacitors are the best hope. Or a plasma torrid? Maybe?

ehhh... that's a cool thing. I hope they upgrade it some day to really hovering. But than that would be dangerous too. You have to take in the fact that the air can blow you off that thing. lol. I think in Physics last year they built a hoverboard with using like a leaf blower. this year we can't do because the principal is evil.. and strict....