xisto Community
Argoth

Tapi/mci Help How do you send a .wav sound on the telephone?

OK, I can use the TAPI to dial/answer the telephone, use the modem and stuff but I don't know how to get my program to use a .wav file that I have create to play it on the line. I know I have to use MCI functions but that's where I get lost. Any help would be appreciated!Also, if the MCI must be used to send .wav files through the telephone would it be better just to use the MSComm control? Or is the TAPI necessary for such and application to work?Thanks!

There's no edit button..Perhaps if I rephrase the question.Is there a way to choose the device that sound is played/recorded in vb6?I know how to use the MCI commands to play a sound to the default player for any sound and I can get the different devices that play sound but I cannot get the device I want to play/record the sound to do it! :o HELP, Please!