xisto Community
JJBDude

Lego Star Wars

Believe it or not this game looks good! I first read about it a couple of months ago in the Official Playstation 2 Magazine for the United Kingdom and they had a 6 page review on it! Now the game is out but I have to wait untill my birthday to get it, I have seen lots of screenshots and this game looks exciting. It is being tipped to be the best ever Star Wars game made. So what do you think of Lego Star Wars? Do you think it will live up to it's speculation?

I wonder how much they're paying Lucas Arts to bring that game out. Anyhow, it still looks pretty awesome. I mean, how much fun would it be to have a lego man wielding a lightsaber?

yeah i would have to agree graphics look kick @ZZ for lego style i would recommend it 2 a ten year old but i wouldn't buy it rent maybe

It's teh awesome. Just downloaded the demo... it wasn't very big, -but-, it looks cool. The control system is somewhat simplified so as to be distributable on console systems (imagine trying to play with Jedi Knight DFII/Outcast/Academy control-type layout on a console :blink: ) Apart from the cosolofication of the game, it looks nice. Oh, and it's got the ability to have two players on the same keyboard, and to have the 2nd player able to drop in and out.May the force be with you all.

I downloaded it for PC about a week ago, and I have not played it that much, but it's really fun, and gives some teasers about Episode III. It's a lot more fun to play with friends, btw.

I'm not a very big Star Wars fan, but that is not affecting this: For me, I don't think the game looks fun. It may be, but the ad for it made me think that. I, honestly, wouldn't call it stupid, though. It just doesn't look interesting to me.Oh, and Jackel, are you making fun of either of those? There's no way that would EVER happen (Even if I do like both). (I know, you're being sarcastic...)

Lego star wars is a stupid spin off of a stupid series. The companies think they can make more $ by combining two things. What next? Halo Pokemon?

150717[/snapback]

'Cause you didn't ever have any Lego? :P

Lack of lego is the path to the dark side. Lack of lego leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

:P

I find that this is not good because its primitiv and boooring but thats only my opinion but i think that a lot of people like this game because its a stupid idea to make that.

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical when I'd first heard this game was coming out. I really like Lego, and I really like Star Wars, but I really had a hard time believing they could put the two of them together in a game. All the same, though, I was willing to give it a shot.To put it mildly, I was blown away! I definitely feel that this is one of the best, if not the best Star Wars games ever made. This actually has a lot of the things you could hope to find in a game.The graphics are surprisingly realistic for a Lego game. The characters move pretty much as you'd expect Lego characters to move, and there are some nice lightsaber and laser effects. The levels are rendered really well too, skirting the border between real and Lego. My only real complaint is that there tends to be some slowdown when things get really hectic or there's a lot of smoke from explosions.The controls are usually pretty realistic, though there are times when they might be a little sluggish, particularly if you're working on swinging a lightsaber combo together. Thankfully, these times are few and far between. Once you learn the controls, which doesn't really take that long (The game itself tells you which button does what in the earlier levels.), you can pretty much dive into the game. You can play through different sorts of levels, from on foot to podracing to flying a gunship to piloting a Jedi Starfighter above a planet in the middle of a fierce space battle. There's no limit of things to do here.The story is basic Star Wars. Nothing more I could really get into, though the characters don't really talk at all, aside from the occasional grunt or shout as they fall off a ledge or something. You play as a variety of characters playing through the first three (By first, I mean prequel, the ones that happened first) movies, as well as a special bonus level, but more on that one later. All of the main characters are here, from Obi-Wan to Anakin to Palpatine to R2-D2.Speaking of sound, all of the important sounds are in this game, from the swinging and clashing of lightsabers to the sounds of lasers erupting from pistols or blaster cannons. They also could have gone with music that befits a game designed for younger gamers, but they didn't, thank the Force. You have music straight from the movies, all conducted by John Williams for your listening pleasure!This game also actually has a fair amount of replay value. You can try to save up studs to buy hidden characters, hints, or bonus features for your game, like one that causes all of the characters to be shown in silhouette or one that causes characters to wield tea cups instead of blasters, as well as the old standby, invincibility. As you go through the levels, you can also collect ten canisters which, when added up at the end of the level, build a vehicle to be shown in the parking lot outside of the diner you start the game in. While you're doing this, you can also collect studs which help fill up your Jedi meter. When it's full and you finish a level, you get a special Lego piece that helps build part of another vehicle that, once complete, opens up a hidden level.I'd actually give this game a pretty high recommendation. It's not as deep as Knights of the Old Republic or anything like that, but if you just want a fun romp through the Star Wars universe, this game is it :)