xisto Community
BaSsMaNjR5

1 Terabyte Email...... its true....

I went to /legacy and found that they have 1 terabyte email accounts capable of sending and recieving 500 mb attachments....They are doing this for those who want to upload their music and pictures and movies to the account and keep them all safe there and use it as a seperate hard drive where space isnt a problem....I havent yet recieved spam on it and havent really gotten any emails due to not sending anyone my email address to it but feel free to test it out by sending me an email at BaSsMaNjR5@hriders.com. But go check it out and get your huge storage there. :)

Oh God.1 terebytes means 1000G?If it's sure of it.I Just wanna gota an account for it I just wanna my mp3 gota a better room from my Hard disk...:)then I ll check the connect speed of it.thank you for this reallly! Excactly free gift.

I signed up for an hriders.com account about a month or two ago. So far, it has not lived up to its 500 mB attachment claim in the least. Despite many attempts, I could not configure an SMTP account with my email client (Thunderbird), so I conclude that they do not offer SMTP. So the only option is trying to send attachments via their web interface. Even trying to attach a 5 mB attachment is iffy with that method. So if you're wanting to back up your mp3 collection, I would advice you to be prepared to send each mp3 individually.

Furthermore, the last time I checked my hriders.com inbox, it read as completely empty. Every email I've recieved at that account is MIA. Of course, if you have this problem, you are still lucky, as it means that the system has let you log in at all! I've been getting a lot of these errors, lately:

The server process has been interrupted due to an internal error. Please wait a moment, then refresh the page.

Yes, 1 terabyte of email storage is a sensational claim. Unfortunately, I don't think that the Hellacious Riders have any intentions of keeping their promises. They're pretty good at riding motorcycles, though.

really how could a hoster support that much for an email account really is it that necessary to have that memory for email yeah it would could for email music but you shouldn't be doing cuz da man might finnd you and through you in jail.

I signed for it but I found it slow when attempting to connect. Don?t know if its usual or it was only that time. :P It would be great if it works well... but don?t know how many users can handle as long as it?s a motorcycle club and not a great internet company such as google or yahoo. :)

There are already plenty of freemail providers that offer 1 gigabyte of storage for email accounts, and you could just use a few of those. I use Walla, and it's been pretty reliable to me. The only problem is finding a mail account that lets you send larger attachments... I haven't tried your suggestion because of the negative feedback on this page.

It sounds to me like they are overselling, that is offering such a large amount (that they really dont have for everyone), in the hope that people will not use most of it, however 1TB is a large amount no less, I do have to confess that I have not used this service and as such cannot comment on the reliability, I can only go with my instinct which is that they really can not live up to this massive claim.

1 TB is crazy. That would be a huge accompishment to give EVERY user 1TB memory. I've been using Gmail for a long time, and I just got upgraded to 2GB for their one year anniversary. And I thought that was a lot...but 1TB?!

Hmm, this may sound like a dumb question, but how do you check your email? I clicked on Check Email, but it kept bringing me to the Edit My Account section...

69826[/snapback]

When you click "Check My Email", it should produce a popup window that shows you a bunch of advertising and then it is supposed to go to your inbox (but what it actually does for me is show a server error).

Maybe your popup settings aren't allowing the window to pop up?

As these numbers get higher and higher, it really starts to lack the attractiveness, 1 terabyte is a lot, and most people will never reach that amount, futhermore, downloading your files back onto your computer would be another hassle.

dude that is crazy!if it really works that is gr8!I'll have to give it a try, I am one of those that over use my email so much that they start sending nasty letters to and eventually kick me out! Not to mention the fact of beeing able to send and recieve attachments of that size! WOW!

again 1 terabyte for email is like 100,000,000 for minimum wage for everyone in the world try to pull that off