xisto Community
ElmerCronin

Not Able To play Game On 2nd Monitor!

Hello Friends, I recently purchased a brand new Acer Predator XB271HU 32 Inch WQHD monitor for upgrading my gaming experience. I'd like to use this as an extended monitor setup for my Windows 10 PC. I connected it with an HDMI cable, but not able to use it, as it is showing a 'No Signal HDMI' error on the monitor. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Kindly help me to solve my issue. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Elmer,

Is your Windows 10 PC a laptop with it's own monitor?

Then, you have to tell Windows how you want to use the extra monitor : extending your main display, duplicating your main display, or not at all.

I would suggest you follow this link :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-dual-monitors-on-windows-3d5c15dc-cc63-d850-aeb6-b41778147554

Briefly, it says :

1. Select Start > Settings > System > Display. Your PC should automatically detect your monitors and show your desktop. If you don't see the monitors, select Detect.

2. In the Multiple displays section, select an option from the list to determine how your desktop will display across your screens.

3. Once you've selected what you see on your displays, select Keep changes.

And the image in the mentioned article is easy to understand.

It's the first thing to be done.

Try it and it should work if you don't have uncompatible materials.