xisto Community
M6NEN

We are a few steps further (W10 v 1909)

Hi folks,

it is this time of year again.

Microsoft is coming with another upgrade for Windows 10 again.

This one is called Windows 10 version 1909.

We all know new versions of Windows  are usually buggy, as Microsoft cannot be bothered to test them thoroughly and always release them to soon, but this time I have found some further explanations and some good advice on whether or not to upgrade yet, and how to usually act in case of a new upgrade of Windows 10.

See for yourself and have a look at this Youtube clip: 

I think it is very informative and shows you a few things about previews, checking for existing bugs, what to do and not to do and more.

Take a look and see for yourselves.

Have fun. ?

Thanks for sharing this!

Of course, I even didn't notice on my own computer that this update was an optional one!

And, by the way, before updating, as usual...

Do not forget to create a system backup! Just in case!

By the way, this version fixed the problem I had with the previous one : no more keyboard inactive needing to reactivate ctfmon

And, of course, this version is significantly slower, due to all the new features I don't want and I will have to find how to stop, like the sim card survey for the embedded cell-phone I don't have in my computer.

I see you have already downloae it, then.

I have, advised by Britec's video. waited so far.

However, I was (am) under the impression that all unnecessary features (or features you do not need) can be removed from Windows.

I guess the best bit is to upgrade myself and check it out.

And, do not forget to read the document from Microsoft telling people about the fixes and issues, it contains some useful information.

I'll be in touch later.

By the way, nice talking to you again, Yordan.

Kind regards.

Edited by M6NEN (see edit history)

23 hours ago, M6NEN said:

I guess the best bit is to upgrade myself and check it out.

Of course, as usual. However, don't forget to perform a full system backup before upgrading.

And, as usual, if possible, check that your download can be restored... My last one said "sorry, we are unable to restore this download".

OK,

I have done it.

No problem with the system having slowed down, it seems to have picked up a bit of speed even.

However, I do not see any difference with the previous build, no new features or anything, but also, there have not been any crashes or nothing has been grinding to a halt.

So, hopefully (touch wood) they have ironed out the bugs that were left in 1903 and given us a stable drop of juice now.