xisto Community
RGPHNX

Webpage Troubleshooting- Guru Needed Page displays differently in different browsers

Hi all,PROBLEM:The animated gifs on my webpage aren't animated when you view the page with IE ver6.0 but ther ARE animated when you view the page with Netscape Navigator ver 7.2.Does this have something to do with the browser settings in IE6 OR is it another issue??Any suggestions????All comments appreciatedRGPHNX

Not all animated gif's are anoying, it depends on what it is... But it could be that you don't have the animation set to loop, and the browser loads slow, and the image is finishing it's cycle before the page comes up all the way.

it's a setting issue but there's no way to control that from your webpage. Make sure that the first frame of your gif is the best that was it kinda solves any issues with people who don't like it looping.
round

If that doesn't solve your problem, there are other possibilities. Perhaps the image is flawed. Which program did you use to create this GIF?

Hi all,
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately the problem is still unsolved.
The IE6 browser settings are already set as beseven suggested above re:

"Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Multimedia --> Play Animations in Web Pages."

.The gifs are purchased from several different commercial image services.. so I don't know how they were created.
Note: the gifs display as static (ie. non-animated/not moving) when viewing with IE 6. <<< THIS IS THE PROBLEM
The gifs display correctly as animated with a continuous loop (ie. they just keep on playing) when viewed with Netscape Navigator 7.2 .

Any further suggestions ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
RGPHNX

Hi all,

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately the problem is still unsolved.

The IE6 browser settings are already set as beseven suggested above re:

The gifs are purchased from several different commercial image services.. so I don't know how they were created.

Note: the gifs display as static (ie. non-animated/not moving) when viewing with IE 6. <<< THIS IS THE PROBLEM

The gifs display correctly as animated with a continuous loop (ie. they just keep on playing) when viewed with Netscape Navigator 7.2 .

Any further suggestions ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

RGPHNX

69801[/snapback]

The best explanation that I can think of is that the problem lies in the images themselves. I would encourage you to contact the commercial image services for support. Also, if you would provide links to your images from the fora, we might be able to more accurately diagnose the problem.

Hi all,The display problem just kinda solved itself..Iev6 started displaying the images correctly on approximately april 20/05... don't know why.. "gremlins" in the machine???.. don't really know.. is a real mystery.I didn't change anything.. no ftp uploads.. no file changes .. nothing.The only thing I can think of ( a real longshot at best) is that it takes some time for the server to propagate & display the pages properly... BUT this should not be so.. in theory.. anyway. Anyway it's still a major mystery. If anyone has a definitive answer( ie you personally have encountered the same or a similar problem elsewhere on another server OR with your webpages).. then.. feel free to PM me. It would be great to know the real answer for sure.Thanks again,RGPHNX