xisto Community
jolina

How To Backup Android Phone Text Messages To Computer?

Want to copy android sms to pc avoid losing them accidently? Puzzled in how to transfer text messages from android to pc? Well, now I'll guide you How To Backup Android Phone Text Messages To Computer?

Step 1:Connect Android Phone to pc
The first thing you need to do is to download and install the Android contacts manager on your pc and launch it. The next is connect your Android phone to pc via usb cable. Your device will appear on the screen. The manager would recognise your android device automatically.

Notice: If this is the you connect android phone to the problem on computer, you should enbale USB debugging first, and install a USB driver on your computer, then the app would detect your android phone automatically.

Step 2:Select Contacts and Start Export
You can find many icon on the left, find "Contacts" and click it, all then go to "SMS", then all sms on your android phone will be listed on the right. Then select and check you want to transfer, at last click "Export" to start the work.

That's all, very easy, right?

If this is the you connect android phone to

I suppose that you wanted to say "If this is the first time you connect your android" phone...

Only two words missing :)

By the way, once saved, are the SMS readable offline ? Recently I had a filesystem full problem and had to destroy all my SMS in order to save space on my android phone, would be interesting to have a way to read them offline after having removed them from my phone :(

On 12/05/2017 at 11:19 PM, yordan said:

By the way, once saved, are the SMS readable offline ? Recently I had a filesystem full problem and had to destroy all my SMS in order to save space on my android phone, would be interesting to have a way to read them offline after having removed them from my phone :(

Nobody has the answer ? How to backup and read offline my SMS messages before cleaning up in order to save room on my phone ?

By the way, apowermanager does the job.

For instance, it allows you to backup all your SMS's in a .xls file, and read this file with Microsoft Excel, one line per message.