xisto Community
manuleka

8 Processor Cores For Your Mobile Device :)

I wonder if this will be used on the next Galaxy Flagships?

Probably not

There's no official word yet on which devices are going to use the new Exynos 5 Octa or when but we suppose the next Galaxy S and Note devices are a safe guess

So mobile is going to actually surpass the normal consumer desktop....

More cpu power on a smaller display.

More cpu power on a smaller display.

most smart devices released this year will be on quad-cores... i'm sure by the end of the year or early next year it will be the 6 or 8 cores becoming the standard release core numbers...

Normally I like to post separate responsed to each quoted post, but here I think one will serve both. So though the processors on mobile devices are not nearly as powerful as processors on laptops and desktops, with the current pace of increasing processor power, my opinion is that some people would at least think about not buying a laptop (or a desktop) a few years from now.

I mean even with the technology of today, it is completely possible for the high-end android devices to completely replace a laptop for certain people. You can easily connect a bigger display with most smartphones. Plus there are sufficiently able applications for these smartphones for normal activities like internet surfing and text editing. Furthermore, the connectivity options like USB OTG (On The GO) connectivity take the experience one step further towards completeness.

So if you have a smartphone like Samsung Galaxy Note II, all you need to do is connect a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, connect a bigger display through hdmi and that's it.... You are ready to do most of the basic tasks that you do on your computer..

But 3 or 4 years from now when presumably the hardware will be much more powerful and the software will be much more stable and vast, an average user can practically think of saying good bye to his laptop......

Normally I like to post separate responsed to each quoted post, but here I think one will serve both. So though the processors on mobile devices are not nearly as powerful as processors on laptops and desktops, with the current pace of increasing processor power, my opinion is that some people would at least think about not buying a laptop (or a desktop) a few years from now.
I mean even with the technology of today, it is completely possible for the high-end android devices to completely replace a laptop for certain people. You can easily connect a bigger display with most smartphones. Plus there are sufficiently able applications for these smartphones for normal activities like internet surfing and text editing. Furthermore, the connectivity options like USB OTG (On The GO) connectivity take the experience one step further towards completeness.

So if you have a smartphone like Samsung Galaxy Note II, all you need to do is connect a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, connect a bigger display through hdmi and that's it.... You are ready to do most of the basic tasks that you do on your computer..

But 3 or 4 years from now when presumably the hardware will be much more powerful and the software will be much more stable and vast, an average user can practically think of saying good bye to his laptop......

yip I agree... with the trend of mobile device usage rising every year, it only means demand is high therefore research onto smaller CPUs/Electronics gets a lot more funding which ends up in more powerful smaller devices...