xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HoboOnDrugs

Trojan Virus....

Ok. I got rid of NAV(Norton Anti-Virus) and installed AntiVir. The only reason I did this is because I just bought this computer and NAV was all messed up. It refused to update so I got angry at it and threw it into the ocean. But anyways, AntiVir is just temporary while I'm away from home. But enough of that, so the first thing AntiVir did was tell me i had a trojan....I got a message about this a day or 2 ago and this is what it was:trojan.wn32.apropo.225280pro files>auto update>autoupdate.exeThat was what an anti-hack program warned me about from a Korean game called Gunbound. And now AntiVir has detected:C:\PROGRAM FILES\CXTPLS\CXTPLS.DLLIs the Trojan horse TR/Dldr.Apropo.RIt seems to be the same thing and I was wondering if anyone could help me to or direct me to a website that could help me to get rid of it, or if you think it may be more difficult than that I guess I could maybe wait till I get home in a month and have my dad's friend look at it. He generally does all the work on our PC's. Thank you for your time and effort and I would be really appreciative for your help.....BTW, I'm not really sure if this was the proper place to post this, but it seemed like it at the time. Thanks.

Uh...when it showed up, coudn't you just delete the file as it came up with the warning? Or if you denied access from it as the warning message came up, you can scan the pc with antivir and then delete the file when antivir detects it, cuz I just had a trojan virus yesterday and scanned with antivir to delete it. It should work. Just open antivir up, go on start main program and then go on scan. And scan the whole comp, eventually it will come up, and then you can delete it. It should work...

Ok, first of all, you need to know what software is installed in C:\PROGRAM FILES\CXTPLS\, is that something you, or someone in your family installed, or it just appeared. If it appeared after installing some game or something like that, it is very possible it's some kind of spyware, and you can safely delete the damn thing. Try manualy deleting the file CXTPLS.DLL, from Windows commander, or Command prompt, not Windows Explorer. If you get an error saying you can't delete it, press CTRL+ALT+DEL, and look for CXTPLS.DLL in Processes tab, in Task Manager. If you find it, terminate the process, and try to delete that DLL again. If it again fails, than some other program is using it. If however, you can't find it running, it means some program is using it. Now, I can't precisely tell you what to look for, because I go on a hunch, and just guess what should be running and what shouldn't... If this is the case, I suggest waiting for your dad's friend, to look what's wrong.I don't know how much experience you have in editing registry, but if you do it as much as I do, try looking trough:1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run2. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce5. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceExand delete any occurence of CTXPLS.DLL, or anything suspicious...But, BE VERY CAUTIOUS! You can easily disable some of the applications, and in turn, maybe Windows itself. If you are unsure of anything I mentioned, don't do it, or drop me an email, and I'll guide you trough it, or wait for your father's friend...That's about it...