xisto Community
tritesh

Virtualbox Gives Com Object Error

Today, when I was trying to launch virtualbox it gives some COM object creation error. Here I am also inculding screenshot of exact error.

Hope, anyone of you help me to get rid of this problem as soon as possible.

Posted Image

A quick search yield the result: tadaa

This did not work for me <_<

OK, now it works, with the help of some funny steps.

1) The wutske trick was useful, but it simply showed me that my register settings were correct and did not need to be manually changed.

2) Start the network (there is a readme somewhere inside the virtualbox folders)

attitudes open (Tray --> attitudes, CTRL+5)

--> rider Network (Tab) --> VirtualBox with network support start --> memory (save)

3) choose the appropriate network settings : in the vm settings, Adapter1, advanced, choose Intel

4) The VM did not have the intel adapter drives, so download the drivers from intel site, put it on the shared folder, install them on the VM, and then, tadaa, the network works fine now.

Sorry! guys for updating my status of problem this much late. Actually, my problem resolved after the trick provided by wutske (Thanks for your valuable help). I think it is a bug in installer of virtualbox because when I was looked at my registry found that there are two entries one is for win32 and another one is for win64, but the bath of DLL file there is wrong. Generally, for win32 it is inside the"program files (x86) " and for win64 it is inside the "program files ". So, finally I had interchanged the values to make them for their appropriate place.

After all that my Virtualbox is working fine. Here, I also want to attach my registry screenshots (since those are big in size) but not able find how to upload attachment over here.

@yordan: steps you have followed seems like a network support for Portable-VirtualBox. And as the content at link provided by wutske stated that this problem occurs at Windows 7 64bit platform and I am not sure about your OS.

Edited by agyat (see edit history)

May be "DLL" file in your "Program Files" is of 64bit. Why don't you reinstall VirtualBox for my sake and will past 32bit copy of "DLL" file. This way you may get the same error and we will be confirmed about the exact problem and its solution.

Edited by agyat (see edit history)

I hate de-install and re-install, very often this leaves a lot of useless things where they should not be.My vm first worked and then stopped working, that's why I answered this topic which showed exactly the same pop-up.Of course, next time I will re-format my hard drive and re-install a fresh version of Windows, I will also re-install VirtualBox and check if the same problem will arise again. Two days ago the problem was on my 32-bit machine, next time it will probably arise on my 64-bit system. :)

Oh! Yes, exactly your and mine situations are different. I had this problem after installing "YouWave Android Emulator" on my Laptop.