xisto Community
manuleka

Nvidia Settings - Warcraft Iii Default Resolution

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to set games running on an nVidia GTX 460 1GB / latest nVidia driver to run Warcraft III on its natural resolution on a Widescreen LCD monitorI notice this is quite easy on laptops ... but on PC i can't seem to find anything on the nVidia Settings that would do this trickso this means the game will run on natural resolution with blank/dark bands on the sides of the screen

You can't ;) . Such an old game is not designed to handle 16/9 resolutions, it can properly place the GUI elements and all that stuff.Also, it can't handle the high resolutions because it's lacking the high resolution texture maps.With some luck there's a Warcraft III mod out there that allows you to get it running at 16/9 and then have your graphics card upscale the image to fit your monitor (which will look ugly and blurry :ph34r: )

You can't ;) . Such an old game is not designed to handle 16/9 resolutions, it can properly place the GUI elements and all that stuff.Also, it can't handle the high resolutions because it's lacking the high resolution texture maps.

With some luck there's a Warcraft III mod out there that allows you to get it running at 16/9 and then have your graphics card upscale the image to fit your monitor (which will look ugly and blurry :ph34r: )

I'm not interested in forcing it to run widescreen - At the moment its being stretched on wide screen, BUT what i'm after is to run it on its natural resolution 1024x768 on a 1366x768 monitor

This is possible because on my laptop (Intel Grahpics and another ATI 4330) both run the game on 1024x768 with dark bands filling the sides of the screen

Ow, so instead of running it full-screen, you want to black banding ? :P You should be looking for the "flat panel scaling" option in the nVidia settings menu and set it to "Do not scale"

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

thanks wutsuke... unfortunately that setting on my PC doesn't have the options available for some reason... really weird - wonder if it's a driver incompatibility between the Monitor - VideoCardPlatforms:OS: Winddows XP Pro SP3Monitor: AOC F19s (i have downloaded and installed driver from AOC)Video: nVidia Geforce GTX 460 1GB DDR5Driver: nVidia latest driver (have checked)i will test another monitor and see what happens

Edited by manuleka (see edit history)