xisto Community
wutske

Recent Spam Increase

Hello Xisto,I'd like to address the problem with the recent spamming issues on the forums. There are a lot of spambots which are bumping old posts and mess up newer posts and some of them just post crap as 'guests'. This is really annoying because I often use the 'Show new content' button which now acts like a 'Show all posts with spam' button. It's also annoying because it makes it harder for me to gain myCents because I just can't find any interesting and active topics.Please do something about these problems :( Eg.1) disable guests2) better capthca on registration3) auto-close all posts which are older than 2-3 months4) Posting URLs is not allowed in the first x days after registration + you need at least 5-10 posts without URLs ...

Yes, I have also noticed the same problem. And was searched about "how to stop spammer on IP board?", results comes up with some spam protection service provided by invisionpower for their licensed customers.

here is the link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hope, admins noticed my posts let me know whether this service is already integrated in forum or not. If not, they will give it a try this service at least once.

There is also a guide about how to integrate this feature. But this service also required an API key about which I did not able to find much more information.

Edited by agyat (see edit history)