xisto Community
FirefoxRocks

Remotely Controlling A Computer - Wi-Fi

Ok, that seems to show that the computer did not really boot. At least it did not reach the point where wifi is activated and connets to the router.The only solution will be to connect a terminal and see what happens.

agree with yordan... wireless connection between the remote device and router seem to be the issue... either the remote device's driver isn't functioning or the wireless on the router isn'tbest solution would be to diagnose at remote site

Ok, that seems to show that the computer did not really boot. At least it did not reach the point where wifi is activated and connets to the router.The only solution will be to connect a terminal and see what happens.

I'm betting that it boots to the desktop and just doesn't connect to the router. At least it boots enough into Windows that scheduled tasks are still running properly.

agree with yordan... wireless connection between the remote device and router seem to be the issue... either the remote device's driver isn't functioning or the wireless on the router isn't
best solution would be to diagnose at remote site

I think it's just a matter of opening the WLAN configuration screen and clicking "Connect" (though there might be other problems that I'm not aware of right now), but I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

I'm betting that it boots to the desktop and just doesn't connect to the router. At least it boots enough into Windows that scheduled tasks are still running properly.
I think it's just a matter of opening the WLAN configuration screen and clicking "Connect" (though there might be other problems that I'm not aware of right now), but I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

let us know what the issue was/is if you get it resolved
Edited by manuleka (see edit history)

let us know what the issue was/is if you get it resolved

When I finally went home for my winter break and turned on the power, it booted fine and a box appeared for me to click the Connect button.

Right now it is working as expected, but is there any way to prevent this problem from happening again (i.e. due to an unexpected shutdown/power outage)?