xisto Community
manuleka

Another Iphone Killer - If Only It Would Be Sold Internationally

planning of switching from iPhone to Galaxy S III

Please keep us informed after the switch.
There is a contest on a local radio station around here, people could choose a free gift, iphone won 6 to zero!

The only poblemis that we will probably never see that phone anywhere near the USA or anywhere that has backed Apples claim of copy write/patent infringement. While it looks to be an awsome phone, it looks to much like the iPhone and after the courts decision...I seriously doubt that the company that makes that phone will venture outside of china with it.

The only poblemis that we will probably never see that phone anywhere near the USA or anywhere that has backed Apples claim of copy write/patent infringement. While it looks to be an awsome phone, it looks to much like the iPhone and after the courts decision...I seriously doubt that the company that makes that phone will venture outside of china with it.

i don't understand why phones are so different from cars? one can tell which is which... if you see a Galaxy S II and an iPhone 4/4S they are quite different but smartphones takes the similarity on to a different level...

it didn't help as well when Samsung stated that it will copy iPhone hehe

I doubt it... Iphone devices are optimized from every angle to give you the best performance possible. Especially in Smartphone devices... I believe what matters is the OS and App Support.

I doubt it... Iphone devices are optimized from every angle to give you the best performance possible. Especially in Smartphone devices... I believe what matters is the OS and App Support.

iPhone/iOS - 1 Device
Android ~ 1000 Devices

When i look at Android vs iPhone/iOS it reminds me of Windows vs Macintosh/MacOS
Android is made for Most devices, iOS is made for one device (or very few devices)
Windows is made for Most PCs/Laptops, MacOS is made with one Hardware Device

iPhone/iOS - 1 DeviceAndroid ~ 1000 Devices

When i look at Android vs iPhone/iOS it reminds me of Windows vs Macintosh/MacOS
Android is made for Most devices, iOS is made for one device (or very few devices)
Windows is made for Most PCs/Laptops, MacOS is made with one Hardware Device

Your right the iOS is designed for a single device with a set hardware profile, as such both the OS and hardware can be customized to get the most out of each other, where as the Android OS is designed to be put onto multiple hardware profiles. I've used Android and iOS devices and I have to say while both are well designed and user friendly, to some respect, I have to come down on the Android side. With Android you can pick a device that will fill your needs and possibly avoid "extra" features that you don't need and as such don't have to pay for, where as with the iPhone your stuck with what Apple puts into it.

Your right the iOS is designed for a single device with a set hardware profile, as such both the OS and hardware can be customized to get the most out of each other, where as the Android OS is designed to be put onto multiple hardware profiles. I've used Android and iOS devices and I have to say while both are well designed and user friendly, to some respect, I have to come down on the Android side. With Android you can pick a device that will fill your needs and possibly avoid "extra" features that you don't need and as such don't have to pay for, where as with the iPhone your stuck with what Apple puts into it.

either way, they are both great OS... it will be interesting to see how Windows Phone 8 will play out in the next few years ahead

either way, they are both great OS... it will be interesting to see how Windows Phone 8 will play out in the next few years ahead

While I have NEVER been impressed with Windows phones, not so much due to the hardware but the OS. I have to say I'm really intrigued by the new Metro interface and how it will play out on the phone market. I must say that after the travesty that was the last Windows phone series and OS, I'm seriously wondering how the market and end users will accept Microsofts addition to the already swamped phone market and their reception of yet another OS.

Windows Phone 8 is suppose to be their next big thing... i don't think Windows Phone 7.5 or any of it's predecessors were any good at all... I had a sibling who owned one and after playing around with it i find its just so Window Desktop like...

Windows Phone 8 is suppose to be their next big thing... i don't think Windows Phone 7.5 or any of it's predecessors were any good at all... I had a sibling who owned one and after playing around with it i find its just so Window Desktop like...

Unfortunatly the Win8 phones will again be just like the Windows desktop phones since both the OS for Windows computers and phones will use the Metro interface. My problem with the Win8 design, is that it's designed for touch screens on phones and tablets, yet they are putting it out on desktop/laptops. I think it will work great on phones, how usable and annoying it will be I have yet to find out, but it looks like it will be a good OS for phones if Microsoft can make it stable and keep up with updates to it since it will be a major target for hackers since its a MS OS.

Unfortunatly the Win8 phones will again be just like the Windows desktop phones since both the OS for Windows computers and phones will use the Metro interface. My problem with the Win8 design, is that it's designed for touch screens on phones and tablets, yet they are putting it out on desktop/laptops. I think it will work great on phones, how usable and annoying it will be I have yet to find out, but it looks like it will be a good OS for phones if Microsoft can make it stable and keep up with updates to it since it will be a major target for hackers since its a MS OS.

not just phones, but tablets, phablets and most mobile devices...

it does seem impractical to have this metro on desktops but i guess one can switch to the old file explorer layout... seen it on Preview release, still it isn't as user friendly as the Win 7 layout (or what we are use to - start button, task panel, etc... )
Edited by manuleka (see edit history)