xisto Community
yordan

SS USB ports

Did you now that USB3 ports on a PC are not labelled "USB3"?There are labelled "SS", meaning "SuperSpeed".So, if you have a USB3.0 device, connect it to a "SS" port!

Mine do have a USB3 labeled ports but the manual confuse me, the Manual was talking about SS and was figuring out where they are.

AS a note, my computer was assembled by me but the motherboard provides a back panel with "USB3" printed and etched. The casing version I have had a port labeled as USB3 but "Super Speed" on the other batch of the same model.

Thanks for letting us know that USB3 = SS = Super Speed.

USB 3 is backward compatible but sometimes my pc can't read my 16GB USB 2.0 stick... unplugging it from the USB3.0 to a USB2.0 port fix the issue... next time i restart the PC it reads the USB ok.... weird

Well it also happend with me. Some time usb device does not read but after reboot it act normal again . well i found that my usb hub have some problem with ground i change the connecting cable and now problem is resolved.

Well it also happend with me. Some time usb device does not read but after reboot it act normal again . well i found that my usb hub have some problem with ground i change the connecting cable and now problem is resolved.

excellent... i'm guessing this was with a front panel connection usb port(s)?