xisto Community
manuleka

Opera's Random Connection Closed By Remote Server Errors [Solved]

Platform: Windows XP Professional SP3Windows FirewallAvast FREEI've notice for sometime now, that Opera (now using version 12 build 1467) randomly response with this "Error: Connection Closed by Remote Server" when i load a web page... weird thing is, i just click refresh (or his back then click on whatever link i clicked on) and the page load back fine....This happens quite often... but i never experience this on Chrome... I've been using Opera for the last 5 years or so and this started appearing when i was with Opera 11...This doesn't happen on a particular website...Anyone experience this problem?

Seems to be a network problem : the site responds too slowly.Check your network, try a ftp upoload for instance, and see if your networks responds correctly.

i don't think its a network issue... i've just tried making a post here on Opera and it seem to take forever to reload page... so i refreshed it, and reposted the same thing... while i was waiting for the page to reload back i fired up Chrome and paste my post there on same thread... it went through with no problem... so i'm pretty sure its an Opera issue... just hoping to see if someone had similar experience and a fix for it...even sometimes on youtube videos don't load, unless i press the refresh button (on Opera) while chrome has no such problem... this doesn't mean it happens to every page/video i load... maybe every 15 or so...

Opera seems to "randomly" work not as excepted for me too, I have similar issues and nothing seems to help, nor reinstalling, nor customizing different options and it all started since Opera 11, I thought Opera 12 would fix those issues, but it seems that it doesn't work randomly as excepted, some websites open normally, some websites seems to not load at all, some websites open half of the content and sometimes even a reload doesn't help, so it's really annoying. I am using Opera for over 7 years and don't know how long I can be with it if it continues to work like that. Seems they've messed something up with optimizing it, due to some sites on localhost works quite fine, when I put it online on Xisto, as it slower to load, it doesn't work as it used to work on localhost, some javascript files doesn't load and so on and with other browsers everything seems to be alright, this issue is only with Opera and I am really fed up with it!So for some websites I just use Chrome, because I don't really like the user interface of Firefox :D If I want youtube to work better, I need to open it through Chrome and not through Opera, even though until now Opera seems to work quite good with Xisto and Xisto, what a relief? :DWhat is annoying about this, is that it's random! On some computers there is no problem, on some computers it's a pain on the neck and it doesn't depend if it's XP or if it's Windows 7 or if it's Linux, because the problem exists with Opera on Linux too... The content just doesn't load as excepted.

....What is annoying about this, is that it's random! On some computers there is no problem, on some computers it's a pain on the neck and it doesn't depend if it's XP or if it's Windows 7 or if it's Linux, because the problem exists with Opera on Linux too... The content just doesn't load as excepted.

wow finally someone who's experiencing the same issues as me :)

and YES Chrome is was better than Opera... but i'm so use to this Browser, it's hard to leave it lol...

Chrome is the shizz for shurrre... just don't wanna leave Opera - hopefully the next update would fix it (Whenever that is)... and as you mention Quatrux, this problem started appearing around version 11, i have no idea why... even guys on My Opera haven't replied to post there... ????
Edited by manuleka (see edit history)

Yes, I saw different posts about this issues, but none of them helped me, some people said it helped them and Opera works for them as they played with Opera settings, but I remember I spend all my day trying different combinations to make it work and nothing helped, I browsed a lot of topics in My Opera and searched google for similar problems, but I gave up.A fresh install didn't even help for Opera to fix and the biggest problem is that some users says that they don't have any problems and everything works for them, so it's really strange :DFor example this topic: http://forums.opera.com/ I get issues like this too and it's random :D I try to reload some images, it works only when you open the image and only the image on the browser directly and pres a refresh, go back and now it works, but when you reload the image on the site, it doesn't load... :( On localhost it seems to work, on other browsers too, so it's not the connection. Argghh, I give up. :DThey optimized so much an I think it's a result of over optimization? :D

very unusual to see this issue happening to only two out of the millions using Opera lol... i was surprised to find that i've never come across anyone with this issue until this post...

Personally, I've found people on other forums with similar problems, so we aren't the only ones out there, but still I think we are the minority as these kind of problems weren't fixed yet. :P Maybe it's due to it's hard to show the error, you would need an Opera developer to come to your home and do all the tests and debugging :D To find a solution or a reason to the problem.

hard to show the error, you would need an Opera developer to come to your home and do all the tests and debugging :D To find a solution or a reason to the problem.

If you often have this problem on a virtual machine, and the Opera developer is available for working on your problem, give him a snapshot of your virtual machine and he will have exactly your problem at home.

If you often have this problem on a virtual machine, and the Opera developer is available for working on your problem, give him a snapshot of your virtual machine and he will have exactly your problem at home.

the thing is - what Opera reports is just a standard "Error Connection to Remote Server" displayed on page... and no detailed information on it... this comes up when there is no internet connection as well... so it's hard to tell what the problem is really...

Quite good idea, will need to check it on a virtual machine, I personally use VirtualBox, but it doesn't really matter. What I am afraid is that it might work on a virtual machine and doesn't work at the Host machine, because for example on another computer I don't have this issue, Opera seem to work correctly, but it's on XP and not on Windows 7.

At work, on Windows 7 I also have no problems and what is strange, that I did a fresh install, the problem still exists. So it might be different drivers or something, but I didn't find any pattern as this seem to happen for people with dell computers too, I use a Samsung laptop, so drivers are different.

didn't read your response properly... that's a brilliant idea :)

And the probloem with

that I did a fresh install, the problem still exists.

"Fresh install" is different from "first install". After the first install on a Crosoft DoDows machine, a lot of things are written on the registry and in the system settings places.a Of course, this is also the case on Linux machines, simply the storage places are different.
So, what you think being a "fresh" install is replacing some file by other ones, but system settings don't change.
That's why, each time it's possible, I use a portable version of FireFox (or chrome), in case of trouble I remove my folder and uncompress the portable software again so that I'm back to the initial settings. ;)

"Fresh install" is different from "first install". After the first install on a Crosoft DoDows machine, a lot of things are written on the registry and in the system settings places.a Of course, this is also the case on Linux machines, simply the storage places are different.So, what you think being a "fresh" install is replacing some file by other ones, but system settings don't change.
That's why, each time it's possible, I use a portable version of FireFox (or chrome), in case of trouble I remove my folder and uncompress the portable software again so that I'm back to the initial settings. ;)

By fresh install, I meant I reinstalled Windows 7 OS - formated my C disk and installed Windows 7, not from a backup partition, but from the DVD disk which came with the laptop.

A very good point though, I didn't try to use Opera portable version, I think I will try it and see if the problem still exists and will post here later than I will be at home.

For other people reading this thread, here is the link to opera portable version:

http://www.opera-usb.com/ or http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/opera_portable/