xisto Community
john_meikle

Website Ill tell you all about my site im gonna make

First of all, im going to use Mambo Portal Software - also offered in the Fantastico section in the Cpanel and Xisto offers Cpanel and Fantastico and let me take the time to say Xisto is the best host I have ever witnessed in my entire life :) Ok now my site is about OS Guides for people having trouble with their OS or just to muck about with Windows/Linux/Apple like Windows Tweaks and how to install Mac OS X 10.x on your Windows/Linux PC or on Mac OS X 10.x installing Linux/Windows on that OS so it's just about Computers/Operating System Tweaks and Heres the best its all free, and the guides are going to be written on a PDF File or Embedded Into the Website (Rich Text) or maybe a choice Example. - How to install Linux on Windows - PDF - Text.Well Hope to Hear from you and my Email is .- johnmeikle@gmail.com and NO SPAMMIN G ME.Well See Ya All :D

Good idea, but Ive seen many of these forums that don't work out - everyone seeks information but there are not the required amount of people to give it out andsatisfy the demand. In my experience, getting people to sign up to a forum with no reward other than the satisfaction of helping someone is very hard. Some sites offer rewards, but then the community seems "forced" as people have to post. That aside, if this thing gets off the ground, it'll be good! My advice would be to market your site accurately, and get a dedicated team of techno-people before you start.- Vacant

That sounds very fun and cool, I hope you enjoy doing it. You must know alot about OS's, I think you should install the phpTicket thing, it is a support ticket module and could be very helpful for this type of thing, you might also want to set up a few of them, one for each OS. :o~GM-University

Thank You All,But im making something different im going to make a Habbo Hotel Fansite also advertising my Habbo Royal Cafe` in Habbo Hotel UK its just a Kids game to chat to people in a Virtual Hotel.Thanks for beliving in me :( Now I belive in you :(My Favourite Quote"See Ya All :P "

My advice would be to market your site accurately, and get a dedicated team of techno-people before you start.

Not forgetting the psy-trance people or the hard house people either. :lol:

Just an advice, don't use CMS. I suggest that you create your website from scratch, your own design, or a template, then put all of the contents manually. After that, you'll have a "feeling" that you're "really proud" of something. And that something is your site.

I don't think there is anything wrong with using a CMS. It depends on what kind of site you want to build. If it's just a personal website, Wordpress or Nucleus will do nicely. I've taken a look at the list of complete CMS (like php-Nuke, XOOPS and such). They're very good, but I thought to myself that I don't need all those features.