xisto Community
iGuest

What Language For Programing

What is you favorite programing language  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally like java. But for anyone who likes programming its all about logic implementation and language is truly immaterial. In VB like programmes are being made quickly you don’t have to take care of the language constructs. I like java as it is cross platform and truly secure. Sun Microsystems people made java so that they don’t throw away older things right away. Like in java 1.4 there wasn’t any generics for collection framework. But with jdk1.5 generics is there i.e. type information can be associated with collection classes and interfaces. But at runtime this type information is deleted through a process called type erasure so at runtime both pre generics and post generics collection objects are same. So they keep on changing things as per need but keeping intact older things.

Yeah its true its Oracle now but why I wrote Sun microsystems people as these changes were done by Sun Microsystems and at that time the company wasn't taken by Oracle people.

Yeah its true its Oracle now but why I wrote Sun microsystems people as these changes were done by Sun Microsystems and at that time the company wasn't taken by Oracle people.

Nicely said! Historacal truth has to be said, and their actions remain having been done as Sun people; you are right.

I hate java, in fact i wastede a lot of time in it. There are many reasons for this. First reason is hosting, java based hosting is costly and you have many things to setup manually on your own. That way it makes things more difficult while deploying the applications. And I know php is much better if you understand how easy it is to deploy the applicatons or progams on the server.Now if we compare memory, java is resource hogger on any machine.Give it any core machine, it can hogg the machine by leaking memory. I mean be it old or new computer, java programs are known for hanging the system. They just work so laggy that i am sure there are developers who hate to program in them for desktop applications.Another point, IDE's are also very slow and hard to use if you are on low resource computers, say eclipse and netbeans are the slow ones. These IDEs are written in java itself and work very poorly on old machines. I think as ruby and python are getting more popular it is good to see that many linux programmers are adopting to them instead of java, otherwise i can't imagine slow sluggish java taking entire desktop resource with DE and the respective programs.

Well, that is a huge list indeed. I wonder, what is the purpose of all those different languages. I mean almost all tasks that a programmer needs to do can be done is 3 or 4 languages at most so what is the purpose of all those languages. The most likely guess is that each one of them is developed for specific environments. And although same tasks can be performed in other languages, it would be easier to do the tasks in the languages designed specifically for the environment.A few days ago, I was researching online for some information on where to start programming. I do know some web based languages like HTML, CSS, PHP, SQL, Javascript and I also have slight experience with basic languages like Gw-basic. I wanted to get into to software designing the main purpose of which was to understand how softwares and computer operating systems work. So my research showed me that I should start with python and then follow onto learning C based languages, which are the most important tool in software designing.I have started working on python and uptill now, it is coming very easy on me. I just have to keep the syntax in mind and learn the specific words used for different command. The sense of its working is easy to understand, probably because I have some experience with PHP. So after I get enough experience with Python, I am planning on to move to C based languages, which are told to be very difficult to learn and understand.

Well, that is a huge list indeed. I wonder, what is the purpose of all those different languages. I mean almost all tasks that a programmer needs to do can be done is 3 or 4 languages at most so what is the purpose of all those languages.

That's what I thought too. :D I was shocked to see the list of programming languages to be very very long. Well... I know they're many but I didn't expect to be that many. I only know HTML, CSS, PHP and JavaScript so I'm thinking of studying other languages too. I think I'll further my knowledge on PHP and JavaScript then I'll start learning Perl, C, C++, Java, Python and Ruby.

I hope that I won't go crazy in learning them. :lol:

You need to know mainly two languages :1) The one which is the most fitting your personal way of thinking as well as the affinity to most modern computers, which means probably the C language.2) The language your boss wants you to use in order to write his programs the way he wants you to do it. :D

The one which is the most fitting your personal way of thinking as well as the affinity to most modern computers, which means probably the C language.

I dont know anything about C yet but what I know is that it is the most powerful language out there. Almost all the operating systems and major software are written in this language. This is a proof of its usability and effectiveness. This also means that once you master this language, you would master the entier computer universe as almost everything is built using this language.

After finding out this fance stuff about C, I have become a big fan of it but the unfortunate part for me is that everyone says it is a hard language to learn and requires a lot of time. I have read on numerous websites that python should be given a shot before going into C as this would make a strong base for computer programming. So I have started to learn python. I hope this all goes well for me.
Edited by Ahsaniqbal111 (see edit history)

You need to know mainly two languages :1) The one which is the most fitting your personal way of thinking as well as the affinity to most modern computers, which means probably the C language.
2) The language your boss wants you to use in order to write his programs the way he wants you to do it. :D

quite true...

knowing one would be good enough to allow and easier expansion into other languages, and C is a great language for a base start