xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ahsaniqbalkmc

The Ever Increasing Importance Of Google+ For Seo

Yesterday, I received a newsletter from webpronews in which the author discussed the ever increasing importance of Google+ for SEO. Google is giving more and more weight to its social platform and this thing has accelerated because it has no other social signals to work on. According to my knowledge, facebook doesn't allow google to index it and now google's deal with twiiter is also not functional anymore. A giant like google does need social signals for searches and naturally it is going to give weight to google+As webmasters, what should be our road map now. I don't know about others but I use social media very little to promote my website. I use them only for sharing links to different pages of my website and nothing else. This might be the wrong thing to do but that is what I do.My website gets more than 80percent of its traffic from Google, so I have to give attention to news such as this one. Should I start spending more time on Google+ to promote my website. That won't be much of a problem but the real quesiton is how to promote it. I mean what should I do to promote it. Should I just praise my website all the time. Should I share links of my website's pages every now and then. What should be the strategy?Also, I would like to know about the difference between promotion of websites through blogs and links and through Google+, we should look forward to. I still believe that it is the search engines that matter the most, and a larger proportion of webmasters will agree with me. And for search engines, the thing that matter the most is quality links. So most of the time of a webmaster, in addtion to adding quality content to the website, should spend on trying to get quality linkbacks to the website. However, no one can deny that people spend a lot of time on social websites and they are a good source of traffic. I would love if someone talks about promotion through social media and specifically through Google+.

Google+ as a bookmark for your friends/visitor that do Google searches while logged in on their Google Account. The Google+ plus pages appear together with the web search result.

Google doesn't specifically take Google Plus into consideration in search engine rankings, it takes social media has a whole. I would recommend you to go into Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and other social media in which you can create good platform for your users or followers.

@mathewbruce you might be perfectly right but if one keeps the monopoly of giant corporations in mind, it is very hard to assume that google won't be giving any extra weight to its own social media service in its search results. Combine this with the fact that google doesn't have access to facebook data (according to a report I read quite some time ago.... so I am not sure it my info is up to date), and twitter is more related to "What is happening at the moment" stuff, it becomes easy to see the biased importance of Google + for SEO.this is just my own theory and I am neither an SEO expert nor a professional analyst so I might be completely wrong....