xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
snlildude87

W3c Compliant Flash anyone know the html code to make flash w3c compliant?

Recently, I decided to make my entire site W3C compliant. That didn't work too well (or else this thread wouldn't be here) because I have flash games on my website. The main purpose of the validator is to ensure that your HTML code will run on any computer on any platform, which it does because I've tested it, but the validator still insists that my code will not work. So I teamed up with Google to help me find a solution. The first result led me to A List Apart who is known for their excellent HTML and CSS tutorials/articles. It turns out that there is a way to make Flash W3C compliant - it's called the Satay Method! Near the end of their article, there is an HTML code, which is the Satay Method:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"data="flash.swf" width="400" height="300"><param name="movie" value="flash.swf"></object>
I quickly tried this method, and it worked! At first, it seemed like a great idea because 1) it worked 2) less code -> less bandwidth and 3) it will make users update their Flash player if it's outdated, so there is nothing to lose! Everything was great until I got to school to try out the code only to realize it doesn't work on my school's ancient computers. However, my old code worked:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="400" height="300">    <param name="movie" value="flash.swf">    <param name="quality" value="high">    <embed src="flash.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/special/errorpages/404.html; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="300"></embed>  	</object>
There are also several HTML codes on the Internet that will compile correctly, but those use JavaScript, and some people may disable JavaScript. I want my code to work on all computer which it will not if people disable JavaScript. So I'm asking you. Do you know an HTML code that I could try that will 1) validate correctly and 2) work on all computers? Thanks! :)