xisto Community
manuleka

New Layout And Look Of The Forum

I've just noticed this morning that the Forum site layout has been changed - new look and feel of blue... looks much more professional but takes a bit of getting use to i guessi notice that clicking on the Forum link (between 'Xisto: Open Discussion & Free Web Hosting' and 'Members') sends me to Xisto.com home page, i was expecting a quick fly to the forums' home page...great work though guys :unsure:

Edited by manuleka (see edit history)

Yes, OpaQue is doing a great job. This is a live update, so the forum is not stopped while the new scripts are put in place, that's why some features behave strangely, this should be fixed soon.

The upgraded software on Asta Host does look a whole lot better. I spotted a website still running on a slightly customized default theme of the older version of Invision Power Board so I had a chance to compare the two websites. The sidebar menu of the new version of Invision Power Board can be seen on Xisto as it is missing on Asta Host right now, but you may see the Asta Host sidebar coming up sometime soon as features are activated following the upgrade.The coolest features of the new version of Invision Power Board that I have noticed over the past few days are the progress bar that appears on the top of the web page when an operation is in progress, so you do not accidentally close the window before a post gets through, and the ability to set your current status on your profile by clicking on your username on the top bar of the website (the one on the upper left, next to the Sign Out link). You no longer have to go to the profile page or have to type in a much-too-narrow text box limited by the width of the sidebar.

The upgraded software on Asta Host does look a whole lot better. I spotted a website still running on a slightly customized default theme of the older version of Invision Power Board....

what's this site?

i notice that my mycents seem to either halt or tremendously slowed down on accumulating... would this have anything to do with the latest changes and upgrades? or am i hitting that post-count mark where there's been posts about issues with mycents collection slowing down?

When I say the new layout of the forum for the first time, I said: Oh no!, what has Opaque done. There were many reasons for that. The bookmark I had on firefox, for Xisto was actually to my member page. This bookmark didn't work any more. I couldn't find the login button easily. The navigations were not working as they should for example when I clicked on "Open Discussion & Free Web Hosting), I was carried to http://forums.xisto.com/, instead of the home page of forum.In short stuff didn't go well in the first few days.But now when most errors seem to have been fixed and the navigation is corrected, I have started to feel the fun of new look. It is fresher and better looking than the old one. The inerface seems to be a bit faster and most of all, finding content seems to be easier now. So in spite of the early glitches, I think I like the new look and feel of the website.

I see that 'view new content' seems to have some issues with the loading. I am on mobile internet and using firefox 8.0 and it seems it is not ready to load. I don't know it is because of connection or something else because I tried using other ways to check the option of new content. I got all the ways to same white blank page. So I guess we need to wait for sometime before getting used to all this. I hope this gets fixed, rest of the interface looks fine to me.I see now that why most of the others are not ready to upgrade to this version as of yet. It'll be very difficult for some other forums to make navigation easier. Vb forums are the only easy to navigate as per their new design, IPB is getting more complex.

I see that 'view new content' seems to have some issues with the loading. I am on mobile internet and using firefox 8.0 and it seems it is not ready to load. I don't know it is because of connection or something else because I tried using other ways to check the option of new content. I got all the ways to same white blank page. So I guess we need to wait for sometime before getting used to all this. I hope this gets fixed, rest of the interface looks fine to me.

Its not just with mobile. Often I get the same blank white page with nothing happening even on desktop. So there is some problem that need to be fixed. About half of the time the link does work and I am taken to the new content section. Ignoring the issue, the section is great. It makes looking for new content much easier than the older version. I hope the error gets fixed soon so that we enjoy a smooth bugfree experience.

I see that 'view new content' seems to have some issues with the loading. I am on mobile internet and using firefox 8.0 and it seems it is not ready to load. I don't know it is because of connection or something else because I tried using other ways to check the option of new content. I got all the ways to same white blank page. So I guess we need to wait for sometime before getting used to all this. I hope this gets fixed, rest of the interface looks fine to me....

it was problematic for a bit there, i think they were still working on it then... but now it's running fine

...I see now that why most of the others are not ready to upgrade to this version as of yet. It'll be very difficult for some other forums to make navigation easier. Vb forums are the only easy to navigate as per their new design, IPB is getting more complex.

takes time to get use to a new look and layout... i find this outfit a lot more pro looking, love the pop-up login :)