xisto Community
manuleka

Removing Linux Partition From Dual Boot Drive [solved]

i'm seeking a quick and easy way of removing Linux (and formatting the Partition to be natively window accessible) from a Dual boot drive on a netbookcurrently i'm thinking of creating a Windows XP bootable USB stick to work from itis there and alternative way to do this? or just you're opinion on an approach i should take? cheers

I guess that if you boot on the windows distro and you choose "remove" on each Linux or Windows partition, and you choose "fresh Windows install" it will create a single-boot Windows system.At least, each time I re-installed my Windows on a dual-boot system, I lost the Linux boot and had to re-create it. So, if you do nothing, you will probably loose Linux exactly the same way. :unsure:

update:ended creating USB Win XP installation media (phew)opted for USB bootup (selected text mode boot)selected Repair then opted for 1 (where Windows XP is located)typed in fixboot C: and then Ytyped in fixmbr \Device\Harddisk0 (Harddisk where Windows (C:) partition is situated) and then YDONE!!!