xisto Community
yordan

Google Cloud Print Did you test it?

Did you know that ? Has anyone tested it ?

Google Cloud Print is built on the idea that printing can be more intuitive, accessible, and useful. Using Google Cloud Print you can make your printers available to you from any Google Cloud Print enabled web, desktop or mobile app. To get started printing using Google Cloud Print, connect a printer to your account. Google supports both cloud ready and classic printers.

More info for instance here : https://www.google.com/landing/cloudprint/index.html

I haven't really read into that but I'm assuming there must be some kind of authentication needed to connect printers to your Google account, otherwise imagine the possibility of fax attacks, except with printers!But the possibility of printing from anywhere is cool, University of Ottawa already has this where you can print to any of the 14 self-serve printers from your laptop if you are authenticated on the campus wireless network. Then you just go to the printer, scan your student card and pay for the print jobs that you want to process. Somehow I tried this yesterday and no print jobs showed up though...

I haven't really read into that but I'm assuming there must be some kind of authentication needed to connect printers to your Google account,

As usual, you need your google account authetication. Of course, you stop the service when you don't want to use it.

I haven't really read into that but I'm assuming there must be some kind of authentication needed to connect printers to your Google account, otherwise imagine the possibility of fax attacks, except with printers!
But the possibility of printing from anywhere is cool, University of Ottawa already has this where you can print to any of the 14 self-serve printers from your laptop if you are authenticated on the campus wireless network. Then you just go to the printer, scan your student card and pay for the print jobs that you want to process. Somehow I tried this yesterday and no print jobs showed up though...

image if someone hacked into a number of Cloud accounts and send printings to them? that would be a disaster, especially if it's a lot of accounts