xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mahesh2k

Soluto PC Cleaning Software

I was looking for software to clear my startup applications and apps that are taking most of the reosurces. I found tha tmost of the software claiming to clean this are misguiding. None of the softwares so far did what they claimed. SOme just remove the registry entries, some just randomly clean some xyz files and claim for faster boot. some were even worst and are taking their own resources. so had enough of this and asked this in another forum for the better fix of the boot and some other stuff on windows. I found soluto which was free as solution to this problem. I dont know how they're making money as of now but it looks like they are into minimalism and are giving better results with their software. So decided to check out. You can download it without any risk as it is free and has no system footprint like any other crapware programs. They're calling this software as "anti-frsutration" software. I don't know which type of category this software is going to be. But it looks like this is PC cleaner and system utility for windows. It is really the best one out in this category.

As said earlier it is free for download from this site. Installation is painless and doens't contain any crapware offers and toolbars in it. It is completly free as in no strings attached for now. It installs quickly by standard wizard stuff. then it asks you to reboot the system. By rebooting the system you let them collect data about boot time, apps starting and services starting. This way they collect information about system and it's improvement. I found this type of approach good in case of freeware software. It tells you the time it takes to boot and how you can fix it and what should be done in case of new programs in boot. Once installed it also stays in the system tray to see if they can be of any use for your future fixes and tune ups. It tells you three types of startup programs that can be fixed with soluto - no brainer, potentially removable and not removable. No brainer are the type of startup programs that can be removed without hesitation and will not affect your installation or other services. In case of potentially removable programs, you can ask others or see the hint from the soluto to make decision. Third category which says, can't be removed, is not worth of attention as soluto can not do anything about it. You'll also get more information about how they're affecting the performance by hovering over them. You'll get some detailed stats about them which are going to impact your service.

User interface is very clean and easy to navigate. You'll find what to do and what not to in the window. It also lets you know where to go by typical guideance type pointers, which are quite easy to notice if you start to use the interface. Once you do the changes as per soluto then you'll notice that system is much more usable than before. In some of the cases where your system has less startup programs and services you'll not see the difference. But for the rest of the time, you'll notice that the performance of the system is much improved than before. For me these were the observation. I know they're going to add more features to their software. I have seen few other features as well but not much used them as of now.

Genome - knowledgebase is one more upcoming feature that is going to help you for sure. This knowledgebase is going to let you have information about programs that are causing some issues with system. You'll be able to commit this information to their server and from there they're going to check with others for it's performance. So like this they're going to improve the service. I found this software good for my use and decided to share with you folks here. Let me know if it is useful or in some way good software for you. I would like to see if anyone here on asta used that software.

I have used Soluto for months now and it's pretty good. I find the "Lighten your web browser" section rather strict though, it tells you to disable many things that it thinks are unnecessary. As for the chop boot time (startup program manager) I really like that, I have chopped my boot time by about 100 seconds even though I don't reboot that often.Never tried "Heal crashes" though, I notice it the halo with wings come up when Chrome and IE crashes, but I think Microsoft Error Reporting is enough, along with "anonymous crash reporting" now enabled in most programs.The startup thing at the lower left corner at the screen can get annoying though, when Windows is booting up...