xisto Community
manuleka

Acer Aspire One D255e Bios Reset

can someone tell me another alternative way to flashing my laptop's bios...i have forgotten my bios password, i knew there was a bug with some acer aspire lappys where CAPS was the issue...i locked my boot options so i can only boot from hard-disk... i'm wanting to install Linuxi've tried flashing it from Windows 7 twice with no luck.... flashing process went through and machine restarted automatically but password still therei've tried opening up the case earlier today to reset through (jumpers) short-circuiting but the lappy but couldn'tisn't there any other way? help please

have tried google with no luck, downloaded BIOS and tried flashing from within Windows 7 with no luck... now i'm more looking for information on the model D255E mainboard... and how to get to it as i'm having difficulty on unscrewing a couple of screws on the bottom of the laptop :unsure:

manage to open the laptop's casing... to my dismay the cmos battery is soldered to the mainboard... i have zero experience in soldering so bios cold-reset is not an option... :unsure:i've searched online for hours for Aspire One D255E mainboard manual or information with no luck... now i'm stuck with Windows 7 Starter... i miss XP and Linux on my netbook - they tend to run smoother and quicker

thanks yordan... i can't even locate the bios reset points... i removed the hard-drive and BIOS is forced to opt for alternative booting devices... so i plugged in my mint USB stick and it loads :unsure:now it's a matter of creating a BIOS Re-flash/Reset USB Stick and hopefully it will work

Windows 7 drivers and bios drivers

Acer website

The acer.com website provides a link.
The description reads:

Implements recovering password FV header region function.

It is not clear what this means.It is possible that it has something to do with recovering the password of the bios.

Did you contact acer to see what their advise is?

Windows 7 installs the correct drivers when Windows 7 is installed on the hard disk using another computer.

Does Windows 7 Starter have power plans?
A laptop works faster when the high performance plan is chosen.
Edited by zenia (see edit history)

Windows 7 drivers and bios drivers
Acer website

The acer.com website provides a link.
The description reads:

It is not clear what this means.
It is possible that it has something to do with recovering the password of the bios.

Did you contact acer to see what their advise is?

Windows 7 installs the correct drivers when Windows 7 is installed on the hard disk using another computer.

Does Windows 7 Starter have power plans?
A laptop works faster when the high performance plan is chosen.

have installed the latest driver and process goes through... it's only updating it so doesn't remove password security

i've also tried cmopwd and it seems not to work with the insyde H2O bios on my netbook :unsure:

i'm so desperate to reset this that i'll probably end up short-circuiting the battery

update ----

GREAT NEWS GUYS ;)

i've restored BIOS to default - with further more googling i stumbled on this link - https://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/1-Ad-(AdSense)-Revenue-Sharing-FAQ-(Discontinued)-Revenue-Sharing-FAQ-(Discontinued)-Revenue-Sharing-FAQ-(Discontinued)-Revenue-Sharing-FAQ-(Discontinued)-....

so i decided to try it on my D255E

with BIOS PAV703 and PAV702 files chucked into my 2GB USB stick, i unplugged the power cord, simultaneously hold "esc" + "fn" keys for 5 seconds, while holding them i hit the "power" button and released the "esc" and "fn" key... the screen stays black/dark but the flash key lights up (meaning there's something going)

after a few minutes (maybe 3 to 5) the laptop powers down and restarted, when i hit the f2 button it went straight to BIOS :unsure:

will write a blog on this on my website