xisto Community
loc

Do You Play An Instrument?

It's always interesting for me to find how many people actually play an instrument.Currently, I play the clarinet as my main instrument. I am learning to Oboe as well. I thought about taking on the English Horn a second instrument, but I hear that they don't get any of the solos and always are stuck playing background parts, so I sided with Oboes, which always get solos.We just had a big band day sort of thing and put on a concert. I have two contests coming up this week. I'm playing a solo and in an ensemble! Wish me luck :)

I used to play the clarinet, that was many years ago. I think I played for two years and then quit because they fired our head of music department. He was a really cool guy.

I have absolutely no talent in music... I failed my music class in scool and I sing like a duck... I am really envious of people that can play lots of musical instruments

I played Keyboard for a year but quit from lack of interest, I hope to play the Electric guitar! I wanna Rock!Rock on!

I can't say I am a bass player, but I do own basses. I sort of gave the whole thing up a few years ago. Now that my little sister has started playing guitar and printing out bass tabs for me I might have to get my case from under my bed.

I played trumpet for bout a month, then classical guitar for a year. I prefer classical guitar than any other type of guitar because you actually learn notes and not just like: look i know c chord. There's a girl at school who says yeh i play guitar now because of curt cobain...he's a good guitarist...;i say: you now jimi hendrix? She says: who's that...she's a damn poser! Just, if your good at guitar then go for it but don't jump straight into blink 182 if that's what u want.

Currently I'm playing the trumpet but I can play fairly decently the recorder(Normally this wouldn't count but as I can play both the soprano and the bass I?m counting it), the viola, and tuba. I used to play the baritone and I can play one or two notes at a time on the piano(:))...

I played the Clarinet, for about one year when I was in the seventh grade. I absolutley hated my music teacher, she was rude, and really disliked me. When we were making course selections, I did not know that she was going to be leaving, so I quit band, and apparently a really nice new music teacher came. Dang. I really miss playing it, and in a band, but maybe not the Clarinet, I would have loved to learned how to have played the trumpet and flute.

I currently play the Alto Saxophone. It is very cool. But I don't practice enough so my parents threaten to take me out of band. I dun wanna go to Choir or Music Tech. If I get better and practice enough I wanna switch to the Soprano Saxophone. :) It would be cool. And I would be the only one in my grade playing it. Only 1 person plays Baritone Sax and 1 or 2 people that play the second lowest sounding Sax. Bad memory= forgetting an instrument name. lol

:D well... i can play guitar in classical, lead, bass, rythme... love it to play.. and piano a bit.. turntable a bit.. drum a bit.. :) i'm very instrested to play all sort of music instruments... whenever i can have a chance.... :P

It's always interesting for me to find how many people actually play an instrument.

Currently, I play the clarinet as my main instrument. I am learning to Oboe as well. I thought about taking on the English Horn a second instrument, but I hear that they don't get any of the solos and always are stuck playing background parts, so I sided with Oboes, which always get solos.

We just had a big band day sort of thing and put on a concert. I have two contests coming up this week. I'm playing a solo and in an ensemble! Wish me luck :)

68856[/snapback]

Good Luck

I?ve played the piano for many years and am fairly good at it. Now that I am away at university the only interment I have to fool around with is my electric guitar. I leave the am off all the time because I like it quite. The guitar is much easier to improvise on and play buy ear but I really can?t play many songs on it. All I can really play is stair way to heaven. Well, pieces of other stuff like Minuet in G by Bach or something