xisto Community
loc

Do You Play An Instrument?

I've been playing the guitar for several years now. Just picked up the bass. Do a little bit of piano, and I used to do the trumpet. Would like to get into the saxophone at some point in the near future.Gosh, musical instruments fascinate me. Music fascinates me even more :)

I play a bit of drums, but mainly electric keyboard. I can play regular pianos, too, of course. But I actually own an electirc keyboard. I've never taken lessons, I taught myself the keys and play by ear. Quite fun. But I don't play too often, anymore. I also learned how to play the recorder and the guitar in school.

well i was going to do the drums thing but after finding out that my cordination sucked i decided to stop yeah i could keep on practicing and get better but i have better things to do so to speak

I've always wanted to but didn't know where to start. By the time I thought I could really really pursue and peruse it, it was too late. I think I would have been good with a guitar or keyboard. Haha! Yes! WOULD HAVE BEEN was the phrase I used. :)

I play both the electric bass and electric guitar. I play the bass in concert band and jazz band at school. We just went to idaho for a jazz festival a couple months ago, and were going to the nationals in vancouver in a month. I play the guitar for fun. I usually play rock music, things like ac dc and led zeppelin. I'm trying to start a rock band but no luck yet.

I play the banana flute.

I played the Clarinet, for about one year when I was in the seventh grade. I absolutley hated my music teacher, she was rude, and really disliked me. When we were making course selections, I did not know that she was going to be leaving, so I quit band, and apparently a really nice new music teacher came. Dang. I really miss playing it, and in a band, but maybe not the Clarinet, I would have loved to learned how to have played the trumpet and flute.

69184[/snapback]

Trumpets are so... obnoxious in early stages. The flute is nice, though, when properly played.

The clarinet is a beautiful instrument. I just had regionals in which I played a solo and an ensemble on my clarinet. I got I ratings on both of the, so I get to go to state (Wish me luck!)

The oboe is also an instrument I absolutely love (even if I can't play it really well yet). They get lots of solos and have a beautiful sound if played correctly.

One day, I hope to be very fluent on the oboe, as I am on the clarinet.

State is in about 10 days. I'm getting nervous all over again, just like before regionals.