xisto Community

This is one more service that stops web tracking and ad tracking on your browser. This add-on basically stops advertisers from doing anything that tracks your location, and other information. this add-on is capable of blocking ads, trackers, behavioral ads, quantcast, alexa and compete trackers. You can use this add-on for blocking these services and also improve your downloading speed. By blocking these ads and trackers your browser makes less HTTP calls and you get to see more content and less ads and spyware. Google ads, analytics and other stuff can be blocked using this add-on. It doesn't affect to your browsing experience at all. If you prefer to surf without these treackers then ghostery is good add-on. Again it all depends on you how you want to use this service. Add-on is avialble with google chrome, internet explorer, firefox, opera for now. there are no other browsers supported at the moment. safari is supported but there are some bugs with it. Most important thing is that they don't collect personal information or browser ID etc fromyou. Service is totally free of cost and add-ons are also regularly updated. SO if you hate those ad and analytics trackers that slow your browsing then download ghostery.

Seem nice. I will try it with firefox.

-----------------------------EDIT----

Wow! It works! Really impressive! Most of the ads are gone! Some ads remain (pagead2[dot]googlesyndication.com for instance) but I love how clean the webpages I'm visiting are now! And I appreciate the bubbling showing which ads have been removed. ;)

Some ads require manual removal. I don't know why but i guess it is because they don't want page element drop in automode. I have found that they ask you to do this manually. This is a big task and sometimes you have to disable the page elements which are more than 20 in number. I have one local site which has more than 20 elements (ads and trackers, widgets). You can guess how annoying that alert bubble is coming on that page. So i disabled that alert bubble as well. Ghostery add-on not only deleted the visible graphic and js trackers but also text link trackers like alexa and similar others. This is good feature in my opinion. I didn't noticed huge difference in load time but for some regular sites i guess less HTTP queries means speed is improved. So for imageless site only these ads were taking the speed. So in such case speed looks improved but for forums where there are more images and js scripts. I don't know how to measure speed improvements. By the way i didn't posted link for the ghostery, so just go to ghostery.com and from there you can download the add-on for your browser. I don't think you need to go to firefox add-on repository for the download because my download starts from their site itself. This looks good to me. I'm sure they have some other means for ad networks to show ads. Anyway, overall concept looks good to me.