xisto Community
stiflerx

Too Much Resource Using By Wordpress Site

Hi, one of my current host warned my wordpress inde.php is using huge resource to load which cause stress in their server. Since I have started using wordpress a month back only, I was really high to experiment with many plugins and I think, probably that's the reason for the trouble, Can anyone tell what's the other reasons can be behind this?

You first posted this topic in a "tutorial" section.This topic is not a tutorial, it looks more like a request for help.That's why I moved it here, where it's place most probably is.RegardsYordan

I have been using wordpress to host my website, but I have hardly had any issue with it. It always keeps up to the point and needs very little attention if any. If you have some HTML/CSS experience and you have designed websites with tools like adobe dreamweaver etc., you would probable know the pain of coding every single page and then uploading it onto your server. The biggest pain in such traditional web-designing is that you have to edit pages which are already online to add navigational links to pages that you newly create. I personally found that very difficult and at that time my website's progress was very slow because I found it very hard and boring to work on my website.Fortunately, one of the prime members (@starscream) of this very forum advised me to go fro wordpress, instead of designing my website on dreamweaver. At first I hesitated a bit, and wasted a lot of time trying to research on implications of shifting to a CMS but finally I made the decision. Since that day, my website is making regular progress and now I feel really proud about my website.I told you that boring story because I wanted you to be sure about the power of wordpress. If your website is using much resources, that might cost you something, it is not because the website is based on wordpress. In fact, any CMS would use resources less than traditionally designed websites of the same caliber. About a month ago, I was near to exceeding my monthly bandwidth limit provided by my host to me. The main reason for that was increase in traffic but latter on I found that I was using non-optimized images that wasted a lot of space and bandwidth. When I optimized my images, the bandwidth usage dropped by significant value, even though the traffic kept of increasing. So you might be using non-optimized images, or videos or other scripts that might be wasting a lot of bandwidth on your server. It would have been better if you had published the URL to your website and the names of the plugins you use. As far as the plugins are concerned, I personally feel that most of the commonly used plugins don't waste much bandwidth. They are highly optimized (and this is one of the main reasons why they are commonly used) so you might try and look for more reasons, why your bandwidth is wasted.