xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
loremar

Google Panda

What do you think of Google Panda. Have your site been affected by Panda lately? It's said that some site owners in america are already affected by it and have lost significant amount of traffic down to 50%.

Google's Panda Update, which according to my knowledge is a sequel of the Farmer update has been criticized big time lately. I haven't seen a single person (established in his field) or a single firm praising this update. Everyone seems to be frowned towards it and rightfully so. It hasn't provided the results it promised. In fact, instead of making the user experience better, it has resulted in lower search qualities and unhappy users.Google is already facing a lot of criticism about using personal data for its search results. At this time, such updates, which make more people unhappy than happy, might not be a good thing for Google itself. I was lately watching a video at the WebProNews Video blog. The owner of Daniweb was interviews by Abby Johnson in the video. Daniweb lost about 70 percent of its search traffic after the panda update. The owner of daniweb talked about the various factors that contributed to such devastating decrease in traffic. She said continuously and rightfully that daniweb have very little duplicate content if any. (The main target of Google panda update were the content farms who used duplicate content on their websites). According to the owner of daniweb, the factor with the biggest impact in drop of search traffic was that because the websites linking to the daniweb used its synictated content, the drop in their ranking caused a drop in the juice of links coming to the website. And therefor the ranking of the website dropped. In simple words, the ranking of the website dropped because the ranking of the sites linking to the website dropped.Now that is something which is really bad in my opinion. Even the websites which haven't done anything wrong are being affected by this update. In my opinion the content farms should be dropped in the SERPS but because lot of good websites depend on the backlinks coming from these content farms, the process should have taken a much longer period.

Google's update could be bad for the public in general. Though I think their purpose is noble to search for results based on relevancy rather than authority, I think what would only result from this change is nonsense inaccurate contents, so unique that it's not really relevant to the many, would soar up high in the rankings and in search queries.