xisto Community
Xarex

Is There Anybody Out There?

I haven't been into website design or websites in a long time. And in the last few weeks, I've rejoined the party. Unfortunately for these forums, it seems like the party is dead. They are hardly active anymore and I'm curious why.I've experienced several free webhosts and I do understand that a paid one is best, but I wanted to get everything up and running first. I would think that if the web host gives me an excellent free service, I'm going to likely buy the paid one. But unfortunately, the paid is supposedly better than the free and the free goes down all the time. Therefore, my bad experience makes me not want to stay with the company and therefore, I'm seeking new web hosts.I come across Xisto.com which seems almost too good to be true. To post in the forums? To spend a couple of minutes of day making friends, helping others, and getting help myself? And what do I get from it? A free webhost and domain name? Or even if it's not free.. it's extremely cheap. And there are no complaints about this place. Hardly any that exist.And then I look through threads and I am tempted to reply, only to see that these threads were created in 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 and the topics are long dead. And still, there are others that are somewhat active with a few people hidden in them. I understand the point of keeping old threads in the view -- so we don't have a history repeat itself, and the same questions get asked again and again. But why is there no archive for these things? The new should always be around. The old in the back.This site seems amazing and too good to be true and I'm so happy to be here and to support it in any way I can. But I think I've arrived much too late. Yet, it's a working website! It works! I signed up for 2 sites here.. I posted.. and I got credits. Therefore, this tells me that the Administrators are still active here because the entire system is still working!So I'm wondering.. where are all the active people at? And why aren't you posting more?

Good questions. Unfortunately, concerning the "where are all of them", I have no idea.Concerning the rest of your questions, yes, the best way is testing Xisto with the post-to host action, because you get exactly the same service as people who pay real money for that.And, if you happen to be tired with posting everyday, you can simply start shipping real money, or you can mix the solutions, everything remains possible.Simply I don't understand why you need two physical sites, twe different hosting plans. A single hosting plan in a signle subdomain should be enough, with two subfolders, each one for each purpose?Then, when everything works fine, you can buy two full domain names, and map them to these two subfolders.RegardsYordan

Thanks for your reply Yordan. I was just curious if everything was still active and Xisto was still going strong before I made any commitment to it. I was just hoping I hadn't missed the boat completely. Such a great reputation and a great concept.. I am impressed and definitely don't mind posting. A new place to come, a new family, new friends.. it's an amazing concept. As for two physical sites.. only one is actually needed right now, and then I discovered that is why subdomains exist. I look forward to continue being here and seeing you around too. Hopefully other people are still active and alive out there.