xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Xhtml Concerns just wondering

i been reading about it i got somewhat an understanding of it but how can you clearly define as xhtml when all it really is a html redefined to the point that its just trimmed down and little bit added here and there or its just the lack of understanding of it that confuses me. well of course im wondering if anyone is using xhtml or still using html or a combo of both?of course i need some more info w3c don't help out much.

xhtml is meant to have the "elements" of XML coding, it's not really that much different from HTML, but it's a lot more structured and requires clean coding.

XML is a language to define another markup languages. SGML is a language used to define another markup languages. You have to consider XML and SGML in the same level. However XML is more simple. The specification is about 50 pages agains 250 of SGML and more powerful. HTML is a markup language defined from SGML and XHTML is a language defined from XML. XHTML brings to the Web more stability, clean clode and more portable applications. Also it is not difficult to lear if you are good with HTML. It will take you around an hour to get to know the differences. Also you do not have to learn XML. But not learning XML nowadays is like ignoring the Web 10 years ago. :-)

XML is a language to define another markup languages. Also SGML is a language used to define another markup languages. You have to consider XML and SGML in the same level. However XML is more simple. The specification is about 50 pages agains 250 of SGML and more powerful. HTML is a markup language (there are a lot more) defined from SGML and XHTML is a language defined from XML. XHTML brings to the Web more stability, clean clode and more portable applications. Also it is not difficult to move to XHTML if you are good with HTML. It will take you around an hour to get to know the differences. Also you do not have to learn XML. But not learning XML nowadays is like ignoring the Web 10 years ago. :-)

clean coding you mean by less errors will show and that it will actually display the info correctly? and i have a good idea what programs you mean (php, mysql, running an online store etc etc.)well i guess i have to look at websites that have xhtml any recommandations on websites that actually use it if not that ok but the thing i don't get xml is when i look at coding it comes up looking like your look at the code.so is xml more data base like php and mysql cuz from what i see about xml in order to use it you have to create a database then implment the coding. and the tutorials that i seen some use javascript so is it also possible to use it as php and mysql?

clean coding you mean by less errors will show and that it will actually display the info correctly? and i have a good idea what programs you mean (php, mysql, running an online store etc etc.)

[/quoute]

With clean code i mean separation from content and layout.

so is xml more data base like php and mysql cuz from what i see about xml in order to use it you have to create a database then implment the coding. and the tutorials that i seen some use javascript so is it also possible to use it as php and mysql?

68939[/snapback]

Forget databases and scripting. If you have time read this page, it could help you to get the XML Hype

Not moving from HTML to XHTML is like keep using Netscape 2.0 when there is already outside the 7.0 version.