xisto Community
Ahsaniqbalkmc

Should I Obtain Both Dofollow And Nofollow Links For My Website?

A moment ago I read an article on a website about the best strategy to obtain back links to your website. It was written there that we should not concentrate just on obtaining dofollow links that would improve the search rank of our website. We should also spend some time in obtaining nofollow backlinks because it has two benefits. The first one, which is very obvious and is common to the dofollow links as well is that links bring you targeted traffic from other websites and visitors don't care whether the link is dofollow of nofollow. The second benefit, which I found to be rather interesting was that If we obtain just dofollow links to our website, the strategy won't look natural to google and the big G won't give us the reputation we deserve. So it is advisable to obtain a good number of nofollow links as well so that the link building looks natural to the big G and our website is given the credit which it deserves.After reading the article, I was really convinced that I should obtain some nofollow links as well but before I spend my time on this, I want to know your opinion on this. Do you think this is correct. I haven't heard of anything like this before. I would also like to share here that I tried to find some official google document on this but I couldn't. So Please share your thoughts on this with me.Thanks in advance.

Nofollow links pass no value to your site's pagerank. By the way pagerank is fake and it is made public for the reason to misguide SEO vets or so-called gurus. Real ranking algorithm is guraded secret and not released. That ranking algorithm is known as trustrank. Trust rank don't care about nofollow or dofollow but more of domain age, value of content and other factors. Sites that rank on trustrank often pass human editors and are moved to higher position on SERP. Your site can be pagerank 0 and have it's position on search results. You need to look for both dofollow and nofollow links. What you need more ? traffic that clicks on your ads or converts using affiliate links or fake pagerank ? In my opinion it's always better to pick on traffic. Because PR is useless if you don't have any traffic. You can have high PR and low traffic and google often changes algorithm that messes with traffic. So always prefer to get traffic than dofollow or nofollow links. Your link being dofollow or nofollow has nothing to do with traffic. Your readers if clicked on the link will land on to ad or offer. Who cares if it's dofollow or nofollow ? Just get any link for now that helps you get traffic. Dofollow and nofollow is over rated these days. Just check the new algorithm and see the sites that got too man dofollow links are hurt in the content farm update. One more thing, do take other search engines and forum/social media traffic in mind. Make sure it converts no matter what you do. So instead of only battling with google SEO, do take a look at other low traffic search engines.

Thankyou once again for the valuable information.I asked this question to make a better strategy for article marketing. I have published some articles (about 20) based on the strategy you told me and I am seeing good results. My website has now reached an average of 600+ visits a day and is improving day by day. All the links I obtained were from article directories that give dofollow links so I guessed that to improve my website further, I should get more links from more dofollow article directories. But after reading your post, I am figuring out that I should also spend about 20% of my time in getting links from high traffic areas (without concerning the dofollow or nofollow feature of the links).It would be very nice if you can provide me a few links of the websites where I can obtain links that would be visible to a high traffic. I also want to share another point with you about the dofollow or nofollow links. You said that the all this stuff is worth nothing and just a fraud to confuse people, but why would Google do it. Are they trying to protect the natural ranking from being jeopardized by extra effort from some webmasters. This doens't look justified. If someone puts extra effort into his work, he should get extra results. I have obtained dofollow links and they have worked for me. Is it just the matter of not experimenting with nofollow links? I mean to say that suppose I convert all my dofollow links (that I have obtained through publishing articles) to nofollow, will my website be getting the same position in search results.

Personally I think the whole concept of SEO has become highly corrupt and dishonest in recent years. Originally it was a way to properly prepare your site for search engines to format and rank accordingly. If a different website had more helpful information regarding the users search than your own then you would obviously expect to be a lower rank than that site. Not only would you expect it though, you would also respect it. Today however SEO has become a breeding ground for corrupt programmers who take on clients promising them they will get them to the top of the search results by any means necessary short of breaking the law (and for some, breaking the law). They flood message boards and websites with unwanted spam, completely abusing the intended purpose of these places, and deface innocent peoples websites, all so they can create a load of backlinks that search engines will pick up on in the hopes of increasing search engine ranks. My forums have only been online for a few weeks and already I have been targetted by a so-called SEO Optimisation service. After sending several warnings to the operator I still haven't had a response. Also the user is using a WhoIs protection service so I can't find out anymore information about the company or where they operate from. The site is xrumerservices dot org so if anyone knows the person operating xrumer from this site, please let me know so I can find and hit the guy. :P

Of coure I guess that you are talking about a metaphorical hit, or a virtual image hit? :P

lol well...

I just got a few emails back actually, I visited the links posted on the forums and sent complaints to the companies and some have gotten back to me and told me they have fired the SEO company they are using so that's a bonus! :P

You said that the all this stuff is worth nothing and just a fraud to confuse people, but why would Google do it.

That's simple. Do you want others to understand your secret algorithm and manipulate it to make profits and leaving you into garbage content crawling? Google and the people in black hat SEO are feeding on each others weakness. Both are making money from those who want to publish or make product stand in search results. Google being a corporate company is taking actions in a way that it looks similar to religion. And people who are only concentrating on google are religious followers taking advantage of their weakness and loopholes. Google never wishes to show their secret algorithm for obvious reason of market monopoly. This is similar to religion where people tell you -this is only way to enlightenment. I don't like this type of attitude from google and google worshippers. It's just darn bloody business. Now that this algorithm is breaking quality results. You'll find that people are moving to bing for quality results.
Who knows these black hat SEO users will move to bing and manipulate again ? this is possible. Even microsoft then will act like religion and will do things that will affect both genuine and black hat seo users. Manipulation is not only google's problem, this stuff happens both offline and online world. In politics, religion and other areas of our life.

I agree services like Xrummer, profile building, spun content creator softwares are garbage and they add no value to web. But then again these tools makes a difference to if you want to make money now or in future slowly.

That's simple. Do you want others to understand your secret algorithm and manipulate it to make profits and leaving you into garbage content crawling? Google and the people in black hat SEO are feeding on each others weakness. Both are making money from those who want to publish or make product stand in search results. Google being a corporate company is taking actions in a way that it looks similar to religion. And people who are only concentrating on google are religious followers taking advantage of their weakness and loopholes. Google never wishes to show their secret algorithm for obvious reason of market monopoly. This is similar to religion where people tell you -this is only way to enlightenment. I don't like this type of attitude from google and google worshippers. It's just darn bloody business. Now that this algorithm is breaking quality results. You'll find that people are moving to bing for quality results.
Who knows these black hat SEO users will move to bing and manipulate again ? this is possible. Even microsoft then will act like religion and will do things that will affect both genuine and black hat seo users. Manipulation is not only google's problem, this stuff happens both offline and online world. In politics, religion and other areas of our life.

I agree services like Xrummer, profile building, spun content creator softwares are garbage and they add no value to web. But then again these tools makes a difference to if you want to make money now or in future slowly.

I might not agree with you completely. There has to be someone to arrange the millions of website on the internet. If it is not done by companies like google, who is gonna do it. Possibly if there had not been google, someone would have arranged it in a worse manner. (or may be even better). If millions of people are using google again and again, there must be something good in it.
I can now imagine why there are lots of rumors about SEO and Ranking in Google. A part of it may be sponsored by Google itself, however, if google brings you fortune, you have to follow its orders, whatever they are. The worst part is that you can't question them because they are independent.

I might not agree with you completely. There has to be someone to arrange the millions of website on the internet. If it is not done by companies like google, who is gonna do it.

The job is done today by companies like google. Simply, they don't tell you precisely their trick. They don't give you their algorithm, so you cannot really cheat with the internet, and people really have to put a lot of interesting content in their website in order to become famous.

There has to be someone to arrange the millions of website on the internet. If it is not done by companies like google, who is gonna do it.

Google is not the only one good at showing results. There are many other companies but just because they're more relevant we use google. Today even bing uses better algorithm for search results. Google is in this business for profit, they track your footprint on mail, search results and everything you do online to get better results. This is spying and privacy breach, which is similar to politics/religion where people are compromising for getting their work done. Just because internet is vast and google is getting algorithm right doesn't mean no-one else can do that, ofcourse any other company can-by being less evil. This is the reason facebook denied google on their site and instead preferred bing(i can't say bing is less evil but that's what facebook thought). Bing and some other search engine will get it right in future so my point it that google always wanted to spread rumors which are in their favor. that;s what pagerank is -rumor for public to chew and manipulate.

Possibly if there had not been google, someone would have arranged it in a worse manner. (or may be even better). If millions of people are using google again and again, there must be something good in it.

Not necessary. Have you checked google results recently ? google is returning garbage results for many terms. For example, autobloggers who copy content from others and slap adsense or amazon ads on their pages are getting more ranking on search. so google is giving more rank to thieves ? if that's what you call better then sure google is going better at what it is doing only on the point of "relevant searches".

I can now imagine why there are lots of rumors about SEO and Ranking in Google. A part of it may be sponsored by Google itself, however, if google brings you fortune, you have to follow its orders, whatever they are. The worst part is that you can't question them because they are independent.

Exactly. Pagerank is fake and many people literally worship it. Only thing about pagerank that is true - dofollow links from high PR adds more trust to your domain. This is the only thing that is true. More trust doesn't mean high ranking all the time or anymore than what is explained here before. It's just trust and nothing else. Google spreads more lies via matt cutts and other religious prophets that are on serach engine theory sites. Think about it, those who get the trustrank algorithm will never reveal it to public because that will affect business of google. So google is slapping seo gurus or experts to save their business. current update trashes almost every theory of seo expert. Why ? because garbage content is ranking high on google as of now. What any seo expert or observer is going to conclude from that ? google is playing very clever trick here by spreading some journalist rumors or other things. Demand studio's ehow.com was expected to get manual slap from google for poor content, but due to money and share values they didn't touched that site. see ?that's what i'm talking about. Chasing SEO is going to be really hard in future and only big fishes are going to survive. You can earn few bucks here and there on low value keywords but once you get into competition, they're going to slap you if they find you manipulating their algorithm.

You might be completely correct but unfortunately, webmasters need traffic and they have to follow the greatest source of traffic online. We don't have the luxury to make Google do what we want it to do but because it is the greatest source of traffic, we have to obey its orders. If I am to develop a website which does not depend upon traffic from Google, it will take a long long time to establish such a website and may not be as beneficial.

Not true. Ebay, etsy, xomba, zazzle, amazon and many other content sites like copyblogger, problogger started to get better results from their own direct or referral traffic within six months of traffic. You may think of google as greatest source of traffic but unless you come out to gray or black hat area it's hard to chew that traffic. White hat technique hardly gives you any traffic and you just think about gaining traffic in wishful manner. This is the reason brand is more important than search engine manipulation. Because if you build a good site then google has no option than manually boosting you for the sake of readers expectation. Do you think the site mentioned above need any push from google to succeed ? google is chasing them for results and their data aggregation. That's the aim you should look for .

Because- "write content+slap ads+wish for google traffic" with some basic seo, is not going to fetch you 100$/day anymore because of this new google panda update. Branding and dependency on social media and referral traffic should be the priority and not google. But then again it all depends on you what to do with your site and business for long term.

Not true. Ebay, etsy, xomba, zazzle, amazon and many other content sites like copyblogger, problogger started to get better results from their own direct or referral traffic within six months of traffic. You may think of google as greatest source of traffic but unless you come out to gray or black hat area it's hard to chew that traffic. White hat technique hardly gives you any traffic and you just think about gaining traffic in wishful manner. This is the reason brand is more important than search engine manipulation. Because if you build a good site then google has no option than manually boosting you for the sake of readers expectation. Do you think the site mentioned above need any push from google to succeed ? google is chasing them for results and their data aggregation. That's the aim you should look for .

Because- "write content+slap ads+wish for google traffic" with some basic seo, is not going to fetch you 100$/day anymore because of this new google panda update. Branding and dependency on social media and referral traffic should be the priority and not google. But then again it all depends on you what to do with your site and business for long term.

That really looked compelling. I have spent a lot of time to understand the procedures of how to rank good in search engines but i really don;t have any knowledge of how to bring in referral traffic that can convert into revenue. I really liked the statement that if your product is good enough, search engines like google will come after you instead of you going after them.

But I have a question for you. My target is not 100$ per day. I will be really happy with 10$ per day and with an average website like that of mine which has nothing new in it, getting famous seem somewhat impractical. The number one website in my field is not that famous and gets only 7000 visit per day. I mean to say that the niche of my website doesn't allow me to take independance from search engines. People who look for information that is present on my website don't bother to remember the names of websites. They just go to google and search for the terms. Although I have about 20% traffic coming from referring websites, but I don't think any of this will be getting converted into revenue for me. On the other hand, traffic from the search engines have high chance of clicking on the ads. If the goal of my website is to earn money from ads, then what would I do with the traffic that wont click the ads for me. Why should I bother to get this type of traffic.