xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ahsaniqbalkmc

Obtaining Multiple Links From The Same Site Through Article Publishing

Obtaining backlinks is the most important aspect of SEO and article marketing is one of the best strategies to obtain quality backlinks. However, I wonder, how many links can I obtain from one article publishing site to my home page. According to my knowledge, it doesn't make any difference whether you receive one back link or 10 backlinks from the same website. So suppose I publish 10 articles on ezinearticles.com and I recieve 10 quality links to my homepage, will that still count as if I have obtained only one backlink to my homepage from ezinearticles.com.Or I am wrong in saying that 1 or 10 backlinks from the same website are equal?

Or I am wrong in saying that 1 or 10 backlinks from the same website are equal?

Every page and subdomain is different when it comes to google ranking (pr or trust rank). So unless you add 3+ links to same domain they're not devalued. If you add 1 link each from thousand pages on same domain, there is no devaluation. Just make sure that you don't add more than 3 links to same domain to get into penalty zone.
I've observed your site from the beginning and for which i can honestly and confidently give suggestion. I'm not sure if you can take my approach in this but anyway here is my plan.

Write 1 article on infobarrel with link to your site.
Write 1 article on squidoo (or lens) with link to your site.
Write 1 article on hubpages with link to your site.

Write 1 article on ezinearticle with 1 link to your infobarrel article.
Write 1 article on goarticles with 1 link to your hubpages.

Write short snippet from snipsly to your ezine article link.
Write short excerpt from excerptz.com to your goarticles link.

Another point, make sure you backlink to other pages on your site. Don't build too many backlinks to your homepage because that will get devalued. If you can't do the above tricks then i suggest you to use blogger to build backlinks and then link from other sources to blogger and your own site. Infobarrel and squidoo lenses are getting too many views these days so make sure you follow that way as well.

Every page and subdomain is different when it comes to google ranking (pr or trust rank). So unless you add 3+ links to same domain they're not devalued. If you add 1 link each from thousand pages on same domain, there is no devaluation. Just make sure that you don't add more than 3 links to same domain to get into penalty zone.
I've observed your site from the beginning and for which i can honestly and confidently give suggestion. I'm not sure if you can take my approach in this but anyway here is my plan.

Write 1 article on infobarrel with link to your site.
Write 1 article on squidoo (or lens) with link to your site.
Write 1 article on hubpages with link to your site.

Write 1 article on ezinearticle with 1 link to your infobarrel article.
Write 1 article on goarticles with 1 link to your hubpages.

Write short snippet from snipsly to your ezine article link.
Write short excerpt from excerptz.com to your goarticles link.

Another point, make sure you backlink to other pages on your site. Don't build too many backlinks to your homepage because that will get devalued. If you can't do the above tricks then i suggest you to use blogger to build backlinks and then link from other sources to blogger and your own site. Infobarrel and squidoo lenses are getting too many views these days so make sure you follow that way as well.

This approach is beautiful and I will definitely follow it but I have something to ask. What did you exactly mean by three links to my website from a domain. The number one website in SERP for the search term HUMAN ANATOMY has 18000+ links to it. If I am supposed to obtain only 3 links from the whole hubpages website (I can only add 3 articles to hubpages that link back to my homepage) then how I am supposed to build that many links (if I am to build that many (just for curiosity)). I also want to clarify one further thing. Isn't each page treated differently be search engines. The page http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ are different and suppose I have a link from both page1 and page 2 to my homepage. I have 10 similar links from hubpages/page3, hubpages/page4 and so on. Will not these links be treated as separate unique links. Or will they be treated as ten links from hubpages.com to my website.
If they are treated as unique separate links, then why I am not supposed to build more than 3 links from a domain and if they are treated as 10 links from hubpages.com then what will be the link authority passed to my home page if the page linking to me has PR0 while hubpages homepage have PR6.
I also want to confirm one further thing. Would this be good if I obtain 3 links to every single page of my website (total of 160 currently) from hubpages alone (through 160x3 articles).
Edited by Ahsaniqbal111 (see edit history)

The number one website in SERP for the search term HUMAN ANATOMY has 18000+ links to it.

If those 180000+ links are from recursively same domains then they carry less value. You need to get more links from different domains and restrict the same link to only 3 times in each page or subdomain or whatever way you link. If you link from same page or subdomain more than 3 times then the value of the link gets reduced. That's why your links need to be in limited amount from the same page of same domain or subdomain. If you stuff more than 3 links and go on with 10 or so links then that is over stuffing and spam. That will surely devalue your links.
Yes, each page is treated differently. But point here is about many links from same page or same subdomain. So that is the point of devaluation. Why increase the number of links to such number where you get devalued ? Point is about building more than 3 links from same page of same domain or subdomain. You can always create multiple pages from same domain or subdomain and then link 3 times(just to be safe). There is no devaluation from there. That was my point. I think you got mixed up with all this.

Last query of your is also good. It's always better to create links for different pages of your site. In fact create more links to different pages of your site than to main domain or subdomain. It'll not be penalty or devalue if you create more links to multiple pages. Add more pages to your site and then add more links to them as well. This will definitely help your site get more traffic. Also think about adding question and answer script to your site to engage readers. Some good scripts are osqa and question2answer.

@starscream you have always been very helpful to me. I am really glad to get this useful info from you. I was really troubled by this complex thing and I couldn't figure it out. Now that you have made things clear to me, I hope now that my article marketing strategy would improve further. I have built some links through articles on various sites on the internet and they have really proved fruitful. I am seeing some increase in visitors per day to my website. However, I want to share something with you. Two day ago, when all the things were normal and I did not do even a single change to my website, it dropped by one position (on average) and caused me about 300 less page views per day than before. I tried to figure out two things, (one of which I eventually did), 1) Why did the drop in rating occurred 2) Why did one position dropped caused me 300 less visits (my website is currently getting about 500 visits per day. So before this drop it were 800 and now they are 500, so it is a significant drop for me). I could not find why did the drop in rating occured by I can only guess that google might have made some slight changes in their way of rating websites. I can't say it for sure, but because I haven't changed anything in my website, I can't find what could have caused it.The second one, the visitors dropping by 300 per day, I eventually found the reason. For some users, dropping by one rating meant that my webpage went from first page of search to second page and that is why so much drop occurred.Please comment on this so that I can assess my approach of doing things.

Google rolled out new algorithm that weeded out some content farms or sites which are made from junk information or too many backlinks to game the search engine. This algorithm was from the data they gathered from chrome add-on and some other factors. I'm not saying you got hit by that change and you have bad content, i'm saying that google did this algorithm update to put high-paying sponsors and site on top to maintain quality. If you notice the update many good sites like hubpages, squidoo, infobarrel and some other revenue sharing sites also got hit. And all the members are currently talking about this update because they got hit with it badly. Many people who used to earn 30$ per day or 100$ per day were dropped onto 3cents or 0$. I can show you plenty of such members who got hit with new algorithm update. Ok so now i guess i answered your first question of why this drop occurred. Let's move on to your second question of 300 visitors. I think if those visitors were from page 1 results then you know what happened to your rank, results position and other factors due to new update. Hope this also answers another question. Wait 1 month or so and dont do anything new to your content. Just stick with your site and build regular content on your main site for now. Make sure you post 500+ words per page and also give quotes or reference links wherever necessary. Right now don't build links from social media site because these sites are devalued. You need to get links from sites similar to yours and how to get that is upto you now because i don't know how you can trade links from others. But definitely one thing to do is that you should avoid building too many backlinks for upto april 1-2 week.

But definitely one thing to do is that you should avoid building too many backlinks for upto april 1-2 week.

Why did you say this? I couldn't understand the logic behind it. Is it just to ensure that my time is not wasted and that I spend my time doing some more valuable stuff. I had a theory that obtaining links (within limits) is never going to hurt you if it doesn't help you. So please guide me on this concept of yours that i should not obtain backlinks for upto april.

Is it just to ensure that my time is not wasted and that I spend my time doing some more valuable stuff.

Yes. It is to ensure that you keep eye on onsite-SEO more than offsite. This way you''ll build a better brand and will earn profit from it rather than relying on search engines to weigh you. I mean seriously how long you're planning to play this game ? algorithm soon will change many equations that will completely change the strategies of typical SEO games. You need to then update again with something that goes in line with new algorithm update. Instead of worrying about this, you should concentrate on your own site as brand than search engines.

Yes. It is to ensure that you keep eye on onsite-SEO more than offsite. This way you''ll build a better brand and will earn profit from it rather than relying on search engines to weigh you. I mean seriously how long you're planning to play this game ? algorithm soon will change many equations that will completely change the strategies of typical SEO games. You need to then update again with something that goes in line with new algorithm update. Instead of worrying about this, you should concentrate on your own site as brand than search engines.

I must tell you that I have spent a lot of time making my website stand out of the remaining but if I am not getting what I intend to get, I have no motive to work on my website. I still hardly manage to get time to work on my website. I want to get some pocket money from my website and if I am not getting it, or I am not seeing any potential of achieving my goals, why should I waste my time on it. That is why, after creating about 180 pages, I have now decided that it is now time to check whether my website can get me my goals or not. If it can get me my goals, I will continue doing work on it but if it cannot get me what I want to get from it, I am not going to waste my time on it.I hope you understand my condition. I am currently making about 12$ per week and my target is to reach more than 25$ per week for the current state of my website. I am currently having about 500 visits per day on average and thus to achieve this first minor goal, I have to get about 1200-1500 visits per day. I want to see that when I get this much visitors regularly for about a month, can my website make me about 25$ per week or not. If it can make it, I will continue on it but if it cannot, I cannot waste my time.
I would love to hear your opinion on this.

12$ per week is not bad for 180 pages. Just make sure you diversify with other ad sources other than google. This is because google is not reliable no matter what you choose to use from them, be it adsense or google search results. Just because you get 1000 visitors per month or week doesn't get you more earning. You need to find a way to monetize that traffic. Your page needs to get more bidding on adsense to earn that much amount. This is the reason i prefer to get white SEO opinion than too much (black) hat SEO option of over promotion. Sure you can get 1000 visitors to earn that amount but do learn some changes that were made recently to the pages. I can understand that your motive is to make money with it. But if you do too much site manipulation on search engines and if google spot you for manual review then consider yourself on page 2 or 3. This is because google is hiring manual site review helpers and also collecting data from google chrome. I'm in no way asking you to panic but many sites with 6 years of white hat SEO efforts are getting slapped. For this reason i think just hard work doesn't help and so is Only-SEO will not help you either. In fact only SEO manipulation will lead you to spam.Unlike you i'm in website development for long term plan. I don't prefer to build some site, slap ads and earn money approach. I prefer to get into scrutiny of site just in case if anyone did and notified google it could backfire to made for adsense site. This is the reason i prefer to build sites for humans and not for adsense or for money. But that's just me because i'm in this for both traffic and money for long term.

12$ per week is not bad for 180 pages. Just make sure you diversify with other ad sources other than google. This is because google is not reliable no matter what you choose to use from them, be it adsense or google search results.

I must mention it here that according to the data of Google analytics and Google webmaster tools, all the traffic to my website (7000 visitors per month) (13000 page views per month) are coming to only 15-20 of these 180 pages. The remaining pages are not getting any traffic. After seeing this data, I concluded that adding more and more pages isn't going to help me achieve my goal until I make the main pages of my website conspicuous. Let me elaborate this by an example. I have a page titled "body Systems" whose children pages are "skeletal system", "Muscular system", "Respiratory system" etc. Now most of the traffic that comes to the page "Body Systems" is coming from the homepage of my website. The page "Body Systems" itself is ranking very low in search engine results (about 180 +). So if the traffic comes from home page (human anatomy) to "body Systems", it is very unlikely that they will go to the page skeletal system, or muscular system because the traffic was actually searching for human anatomy and not for skeletal system. That is why 2nd or 3rd level pages of my website are not getting any traffic. After finding that, I concluded that before adding more pages to my website, I have to make the page "Body systems" as well as its children pages like "skeletal system" "Muscular system" etc to appear high in search engine results so that these pages may get reasonable targeted traffic that can click the ads for me. Adding more pages isn't going to increase the visitors or revenue of the website.

Just because you get 1000 visitors per month or week doesn't get you more earning. You need to find a way to monetize that traffic. Your page needs to get more bidding on adsense to earn that much amount. This is the reason i prefer to get white SEO opinion than too much (black) hat SEO option of over promotion. Sure you can get 1000 visitors to earn that amount but do learn some changes that were made recently to the pages.

The CTR of my website is not that bad. The problem is the CPC. You talk of getting more bidding on adsense to earn more, but unfortunately I don't understand how to do this. So if you can help me on this, I will really be thankful to you.

I can understand that your motive is to make money with it. But if you do too much site manipulation on search engines and if google spot you for manual review then consider yourself on page 2 or 3. This is because google is hiring manual site review helpers and also collecting data from google chrome. I'm in no way asking you to panic but many sites with 6 years of white hat SEO efforts are getting slapped. For this reason i think just hard work doesn't help and so is Only-SEO will not help you either. In fact only SEO manipulation will lead you to spam.

Now let me ask you that how much is too much? Currently I am following the strategy you advised me to follow however, I am doing it on a larger scale. After seeing your post on the future of article websites, I have stopped publishing articles on them. Fortunately, even before that update of google's algorithm, I had created about 10 different blogs and 10 different websites (all of which were subdomains such as anatomy.blogspot, human-anatomy.wordpress etc.) to provide links to my website (mananatomy.com) from highly related content. All of these blogs are now indexed by google and I am adding posts to them regularly, without just stuffing the links to my website. So first of all tell me that how is this gonna work for my main website and secondly can this lead my website to spam?

Unlike you i'm in website development for long term plan. I don't prefer to build some site, slap ads and earn money approach. I prefer to get into scrutiny of site just in case if anyone did and notified google it could backfire to made for adsense site. This is the reason i prefer to build sites for humans and not for adsense or for money. But that's just me because i'm in this for both traffic and money for long term.

Please publish the URL of your website so that I can learn from it.

After seeing this data, I concluded that adding more and more pages isn't going to help me achieve my goal until I make the main pages of my website conspicuous.

New content on your blog or site will help trigger feed readers and search engines for the new content. So it's always better to have new content all the time. You can make variations of your previous posts like '10 cancer issues' (just any example) type of list post, critical posts, your academic observations, interview with your professors for some questions related to the topics etc. This type of variation in content will help in terms of keyword and as new content to site. You should aim for new content all the time.

The CTR of my website is not that bad. The problem is the CPC. You talk of getting more bidding on adsense to earn more, but unfortunately I don't understand how to do this. So if you can help me on this, I will really be thankful to you.

That was related to adwords pricing which is not in hands of publisher. You're supposed to write the content and let filter trigger out the relative ads and the highest keyword bid. This is just an attempt to find out if you can write relevant high price keyword content. So if your content is on high priced keyword already then you're on track.

Now let me ask you that how much is too much?

It's hard to figure out unless you reach top of the results. Because once you reach top results then scrutiny of your backlinks and site structure and other factor begins by search engines. make sure you don't use only 'human anatomy' anchor in all your backlinks, this will trigger spam filter andyou'll get slap from google. Add some variation and link to other posts of your site. Also if you're manually creating links or linkwheels then don't create blog with title same as your own site title. Also don't use same username 'ahsan-' in every linkpost that you make to your site. This type of scrutiny is required in order to find out how much is too much. I hope you get my point on scrutiny. Think about disguising artificial links that you make similar to organic links.

Please publish the URL of your website so that I can learn from it.

I'm updating my site with new theme and content, so will post in future. By the way it's also against rules to promote your stuff here so i think i'll just add it in future as reference.

New content on your blog or site will help trigger feed readers and search engines for the new content. So it's always better to have new content all the time. You can make variations of your previous posts like '10 cancer issues' (just any example) type of list post, critical posts, your academic observations, interview with your professors for some questions related to the topics etc. This type of variation in content will help in terms of keyword and as new content to site. You should aim for new content all the time.

I am not denying the importance of new content for my website but what I am trying to say is the relative benefit that I can get from adding new content versus obtaining links for the existing content. I feel that instead of adding new content, if I invest my time into bringing my current pages upper in the SERP, this will benefit me more as compared to the benefit coming from adding more content. I know that adding more content is always going to be helpful in the longer run but I need some short term benefits for the time being to keep me going with my website. Because I am not achieving my goals and at times I think of just giving away with it.

That was related to adwords pricing which is not in hands of publisher. You're supposed to write the content and let filter trigger out the relative ads and the highest keyword bid. This is just an attempt to find out if you can write relevant high price keyword content. So if your content is on high priced keyword already then you're on track.

My content is by no means on the high pricing keywords. The CPC is just about $0.15 on average. I was talking about the CTR only. That is the percentage of visitors clicking on my ads. I thought that this has nothing to do with the CPC but after reading the quoted paragraph, I think that you mean to state some relation between the two. If it is the case, then I will like to hear more about this. Please tell me more about what you actually meant to say.I thought that CTR and CPC are two different things. CPC is related to the price of ads that are placed on my website over which I have no control seemingly. I cannot alter the cost per click of the ads placed on my website therefore there is no way I can improve this. CTR is the thing which has some points under my control. I can place the ads differently on my website to see which format works best for my website. and until now the current ad formats work best for me because they are giving me the greatest CTR. I just meant to say that the CTR for my ads is good enough and if I can bring in more traffic, (Rather that increasing the CTR) I can potentially make more money.

It's hard to figure out unless you reach top of the results. Because once you reach top results then scrutiny of your backlinks and site structure and other factor begins by search engines. make sure you don't use only 'human anatomy' anchor in all your backlinks, this will trigger spam filter andyou'll get slap from google. Add some variation and link to other posts of your site. Also if you're manually creating links or linkwheels then don't create blog with title same as your own site title. Also don't use same username 'ahsan-' in every linkpost that you make to your site. This type of scrutiny is required in order to find out how much is too much. I hope you get my point on scrutiny. Think about disguising artificial links that you make similar to organic links.

Now this is something I never heard of before. I have no idea how search engines scrutinize the reputation of pages that are at the top of SERP. I remember a post which I read when I was searching for information on link wheels. It was stated there that link wheels bring temporary results because once your website gets established through the links coming from the link wheels (as well as other legit links) search engines will finally at some point come to recongnize the link wheels and your site will be slapped. Now I can bring the pieces of puzzle together through your scrutiny theory. I would really love to hear more about this.

I'm updating my site with new theme and content, so will post in future. By the way it's also against rules to promote your stuff here so i think i'll just add it in future as reference.

This is really a sad news for me because I thought that I could learn a whole lot by looking at your website. But I hope you will get your website updated soon and then share the link with me. By the way I don't think it is against the rules.