xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jonnii

Playstation 4 Whats the latest news?

Posted Image

After signing up yesterday, the most of my time on Xisto has been spent surfing around and finding out what people's interests are, what are the main area's that this 'communities' forum is and how much people have to know what's going on. If anyone here is like me, we have to know the latest on all technology out there as soon as humanely possible. It was after this I realised how many people here are interested in Gaming but yet there is not one topic about what every gamer wants to know about: The 7th Generation, Sony Playstation four.

Well as you will all know out there, until something is fiscally released by Sony anything and everything is only a rumour and might never happen. So all of the following will be rumour and rumour only. For this reason please don't take everything here as complete fact. I will where I can quote back to the people or the website/s that I have gained the information to compile this report on possibly the best console to date.

What we do know is that Sony like to continue traditions and have been releasing console updates/upgrades every six years: 1994, 2000 and 2006. Meaning if they are going to keep this going, we will be expecting a new release sometime in Autumn 2012. Sometime last year (2010) the Crytek CEO said they are going to release their CryEngine 3 together with Playstation four, (CryEngine 3 is an all in one game development solution made by Crytek for state-of-the-art graphics and 3D gaming), which has caused a few problems for Playstations 'father' Ken Kutaragi after Crytek said

Unfortunately, Crytek is not confident about the PS4′s release date and also that they are not allowed to talk about it.

After this being a dead end, I had a look around to who else is involved with the console makers and turned to the biggest of game developers: Ubisoft and EA Games. Murray Pannel said we should expect both Playstation and Xbox to be released as late as 2013 due to new tech like the Kinnect system and Move still only being new gadgets. These could have both been an attempt at keeping fans happy while each company battle out to make the ultimate console.

Many pictures and stats about number four have been plastered all over the net which only make the anticipation so much worse. Some of the more realistic pictures have been included for your drooling pleasure.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Other area's for development that Sony might try is combining their Brava TV range with the console of the time. This was tried before when Playstation Two was the hype of the day. Sony BRAVIA KDL22PX300 incorporated a PlayStation 2 console. Released in 2010, the unit also featured a 22 inch 720p screen and 4 HDMI ports.

It takes so long until a new Playstation console is released because they want to revolutionize the console gaming, just like the other players on this market and I'm confident that it won't lack any of the features gaming and game producers are talking about lately.

One thing we do know is that the hardware inside the new console will be immense! With Playstation three containing a 320GB hard disk drive, 3.2 GHz CPU, 4GB cache, Nvidia G70 graphics and Sony's pride and joy.. The XrossMediaBar (XMB) operating system.

As for the price, we can expect anything in the region of £299 - £425. Both PS1 & PS2 were released brand new with a price of £299, so with the clear difference from PS2 to PS3, we can be pretty sure PS4 will be priced at the higher end of this scale.

Nice review, quite simple and informative.Even though I am not a gamer anymore, I used to play a lot with PS1 and a little bit with PS2 with my friends, never even touched a PS3 myself, but seems like PS4 might be something good.So as I understood, those pictures are only imaginary? As I did a google search for images for Sony PS4, I found quite a lot of interesting images :P

Yeah the pictures are only rumour, although there have been a few that were shown at one of the gaming conventions. To be honest, Sony will probably show off many designs upto release day. I wouldnt mind two of the design's, just dont like the middle one, too much like a pc :P

i hope when they release the ps4 that they have it so you wear a headset and then you are fully emmersed into the game and you maybe actually walk about in the game and say have some gloves to control the arms inside the game. in my opinion that is much better than a controller anyday. i suppose the ps4 if it was like this would be a virtual reality console where it actually allows you to feel like you are actually part of the game. although i think you would have to set a time to have it save and turn off since otherwise you would be up for hours after when you usually go to bed.i think that they would give you a virtual watch which allows you to keep track of the time, and automaitcally sets itself to your contry time, getting the information from the local atomic clock.

I think PS3 will be not looking to releasing PS4 for a good few years until they have secured their online systems with hackers coordinating at them.

But anyway, I have seen on google images for years, the boomerang controller. The boomerang controller is not going to be released or made, there were loads of rumours that the boomerang controller was going to be released for the PS3, which didn't.

Also, I really believe the new PS4 (as Jonii posted) will look like this :

Posted Image

But as I said, PS3 is failing in its long run for the "online network" which is like a major thing in these days and especially for the future. Customers have already started sewing Sony lol.