xisto Community
addict

How Many Mycents Do U Need For A .com Domain(1year Only) mycents

Not sure about this but i don't think you can buy domain with mycent. Only myEarnings count. Not sure what the mycent use for... :P

No problem, you can buy domains with mycents the same way you can buy services.Simply have a look how your cents increase, you get $1 in MyEarning each time your mycents reach 100. Simply remember that a domain costs about $10 a year, which means that you have to earn each month $1 to be spared for your yearly domain fees, added to the about $3 monthly fees for paying your hosting service.
To know how many mycents you need, go on the Xisto - Support account and billing page, and look at the yearly costs for your domain name, the price in $ is exactly the amount needed in your account balance.
Regards
Yordan

Why don't you just get one from godaay. it saves the hassle for posting to get credits. it take forever, I don't think it worth it. But if you have time for watering the forum, taht is the way to go?

By the way, you don't really need a domain name.You need hosting, you need your website to be hosted somewhere. If you accept your website to be named yourname.astahost.com -(for instance addict.astahost.com) you don't have to pay for that domain, you just have to pay the monthly fees for hosting.You need a domain name only if you want to have your own name for instance if you want your site to be named addict.com or any other particular name.And also avoid watering the forum : one-line posts, useless posts or spamming posts will be removed, which can lead to negative mycents. Please post only interesting posts inside interesting topics, answering interesting questions stating interesting/realistic technical problems.

If you post enough content in one post then surely you'll get some good mycents. But there is one catch to this- you have to stay under 1000 posts or else mycent count will decrease. This is what i have found on the KS. i guess same algorithm works here with mycents so be careful and write longer yet good content replies. As labsnstuff said earlier you should get either hosting from someone else or domains from someone else. Don't pick both from one place or else you'll waste a quite time earning credits here.

I could not understand how exactly the credit thing work, other website like 000webhost do pay you associate credit if you referral people to their free service. here we have to post to earn credit or cent, I am working my *bottom* off trying to earn some credit in order to get enough credit to qualify for a free host account. But frankly speaking the forum here is not quite active, definitely not as active as the ones I usually visit for similar topics. I feel like most of time I am talking to myself. Also be warned not to copy text from other site. hard to argue but most of the topic you do can find it somewherelse.

It took me arround 9.99$ ayear for my .com domain i bought from Xisto - Web Hosting.com " with Mycents of course" .They offer sales sometimes so just visit Xisto - Web Hosting.com from time to time and check for the domains prices , you may find a good deal on a good domain :P

Why don't you just get one from godaay. it saves the hassle for posting to get credits. it take forever, I don't think it worth it. But if you have time for watering the forum, taht is the way to go?

Godaay? Tell me more :P

Godaddy is having a NEW promotion for $1.49 domains...
Register or transfer any available .COM, .US, .MOBI, .BIZ, .NET, .ORG, .CA, .CO.UK and .IN domain for just $1.49!*
Applies to the first year only of new or transfer registrations. This offer may not be used for renewals, bulk registrations, premium domains or Sunrise/Landrush domain registrations. Limited to one order per customer, expiring after 10,000 redemptions or at 11:59 PM on February 16, 2011 (whichever comes first). Discount will be reflected in your shopping cart; cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Customers may not use gift cards, PayPalÂŽ or AliPay to redeem this offer.
* Plus ICANN fee of 18 cents per domain year when applicable.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

OR USE WINTER149 at checkout.

Please remember if you are going to plagiarise content from other websites then wrap it in quote tags, it's against the rules here at Xisto.

Also the previous comment about how it's a waste of time posting in these forums, I strongly dissagree. The entire point of these forums and the ones over at KS are to expand the amount of helpful knowledge there is stored on the web which is freely available for anyone to view which is also a reason why guests are allowed to reply to posts as well. People who merely "water down" the forums will usually have their posts removed so only helpful and relevant information is left over. For me especially it's not so much about the myCents (although it is a bonus) but helping to add to a database already full of useful and interesting information.

Opaque has created something good here, not many other people would strive for the exchange and ready availability of knowledge the way he(/she?) has at cost to themself.
Edited by 8ennett (see edit history)

Please remember if you are going to plagiarise content from other websites then wrap it in quote tags, it's against the rules here at Xisto.

Also the previous comment about how it's a waste of time posting in these forums, I strongly dissagree. The entire point of these forums and the ones over at KS are to expand the amount of helpful knowledge there is stored on the web which is freely available for anyone to view which is also a reason why guests are allowed to reply to posts as well. People who merely "water down" the forums will usually have their posts removed so only helpful and relevant information is left over. For me especially it's not so much about the myCents (although it is a bonus) but helping to add to a database already full of useful and interesting information.

Opaque has created something good here, not many other people would strive for the exchange and ready availability of knowledge the way he(/she?) has at cost to themself.

If providing information directly from Godaddy site about a promotion is considering Plagirism, then I would assume a majority of post on the internet would fits into that category.

JUst like if I want say "Xisto strives to be one of the best professional free web hosting service providers. We have targeted this site to provide the Best free web hosting solutions for ", I have to make sure I am not going to be accused for pligarism because this is from astshost.com website. This is purely absurd in some sense.

But how can you argue with a moderator, now you won't, that's the rule for a forum board. Like i said I am not far from banned here, good for the forum and good for me as well I gusee.

This is what I am saying to my self loudly, " Why would you want to be active in a not so active forum, maybe trying to ear something or trying to get a free lunch, you deserve it." That's the conclusion.

Edited by labstuffs (see edit history)

Just because you don't agree with the rules doesn't make it ok to break them. Besides the plagiarism rule is there to protect xisto from having to pay out myCents to people who are simply copying and pasting content from other websites. It's fine to provide information such as you did from another website, but seeing as it is not your own words and comes from an alternate source then it's fully justified placing the text in to quote tags. Not to say you can't comment on the text or explain the origin and why you placed the text there and earn myCents from doing that however plagiarising content so that you actually gain myCents from it is unfair for the people at xisto. I'm not trying to argue with the semantics of plagiarised content on the internet, as you said the large majority of internet content is plagiarised. I'm just pointing it out because if you post too much plagiarised content on the forums and spend the money on hosting etc. only to have your posts modified by an admin and you end up in negative myCents. That would mean you have to earn a load more to break even and your hosting credits may have run out by that point.

Back on the topic, the price of a domain on Xisto via the Xisto Billing and Support porttal is $9.99, which is equivalent to 999 myCENTs. Depending on the quality and type of your posts, this could take around 80-100 posts to earn the required myCENTs.

Back on the topic, the price of a domain on Xisto via the Xisto Billing and Support porttal is $9.99, which is equivalent to 999 myCENTs. Depending on the quality and type of your posts, this could take around 80-100 posts to earn the required myCENTs.

This could also be achieved by ten quality tutorials.