xisto Community
yordan

Web On Mobile Phone

Do you use your mobile phone for web browsing?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't. I don't like to talk on mobile phone either :P I guess I am the type that not nimble enought to be mobilized :P I even use laptop as a desktop. Last time I brought my laptop on a trip, planned to check email or do something if needed. But I didn't check email till I finished the trip and back home :o

I'm currently working in area from where i can't ask for landline or what they say broadbad connection. I do have option to choose satellite phone or USB wifi or 3G USb connection. I found these options costly and adding up to my spending. So in order to minimize the spending i'm using mobile GPRS connection to connect to internet. Sometimes i use it on mobile while most of the time i prefer to login from the desktop itself. Opera Mini is improved a lot and those who are using mobile will tell you how much it is improved.If you soon get into place where you can't use laptop or dekstop then do take a look at that browser.

Yes I do :P . We have free mobile internet in Belgium and I'm using it a lot, especialy on places where I have to wait or where I don't have my laptop with me. I usually check my mail on my phone, send tweets and stuff. Internet everywhere rocks, except that it's a bit slow and is power hungry :P

We have free mobile internet in Belgium

You just made me wanting to live in Belgium. :PFor us, mobile internet is very expensive and slow. However I use a tricky method - via MidpSSH I connect to my shellbox and then surf the web via a text-mode browser.
That takes very little bandwidth, so I'm pretty satisfied.

You just made me wanting to live in Belgium. :PFor us, mobile internet is very expensive and slow. However I use a tricky method - via MidpSSH I connect to my shellbox and then surf the web via a text-mode browser.
That takes very little bandwidth, so I'm pretty satisfied.

Well, it's not 100% free =p . If you reload for âŹ15, you get 2Gb of free internet for 1 month on your phone. It's not free, but it's next to nothing :P . The ownly downside is that it's a virtual operator which uses the network of Base/KPN which is a bit older (almost full coverage with EDGE, but 3G coverage is very low). But EDGE works fine for checking mail and suring using Opera Mini (using Opera Turbo)

I currently have a Nokia 6500 slide phone and a cap mobile phone plan with no included data allowance. I have not used my mobile phone for web surfing other than to access the mobile carrier's portal to check up the account balances and options. Besides not having a data allowance on my current cap plan, web browsing is not a good experience, especially with such a small screen and difficulties in page navigation due to a lack of a touchscreen and even a lack of a cursor (the only way to move around is using the keypad to move from link to link on the displayed web page).Of course, if I eventually get an iPhone or an iPad, which I hope to do so within the next few months, I would most certainly use for web browsing, especially when travelling to and from university on the train (but unlikely on a bus). At the moment, I am barely surviving on using the university's wireless network on my MacBook Pro.