xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mario2027

How To Choose The Right Php Framework? PHP Framework

:P Hi!I'm a PHP Pro, but haven't use any PHP framework till now, so I have no clue onhow to choose a PHP framework. Do you have some tips to help me choose the/a right PHP Framework?I want a stable and secure PHP framework for Projects with about 400 hours development time.It should be possible to use the framework on Shared-Hosting-Webservers.I don't need some AJAX support (I'm using extJS).It would be nice if the framework supports Rapid Application Developmentand object-relational mapping.Also some of the standard-functions (Authentification, form validation) wouldbe nice. Caching would be a usefull, but isn't needed.Needs for a PHP framework:- Shared-Hosting-Webserver-Support- for Projects between 200 und 400 hours work- Developing Modell "Rapid Application Development" supported- object-relational mapping supportedIf possible:- Caching- Already finished Modules (e.g. Authentification, form validation, ..)- Easy to learnWhich PHP framework is the right one I am seeking for?thxWallace

Codeigniter and Cakephp will work irrespective of the types of the hosting that you got. Cakephp is small and perfect for those small project. I didn't used it on production websites but on small local development sites which i deployed for some of my clients. No experience for full swing high traffic site. Codeigniter can be small and lightweight at the same time depending on how you want it to behave. There are some comic strip sites using this framework for custom solutions. There are some e-commerce sites running codeigniter for their working and for forums. Both these framework has some ready to use modules (depending on whether you want to pay for them or to get for free). Caching is supported on codeigniter but not sure for cakephp framework. It's very easy to work with cakephp and i can tell you that even newbie can work with it. Codeigniter will take some time for newbies but considering you're fairly good at php you'll have no trouble with codeigniter. By the way i have seen you on Xisto posting your website links on old threads just to promote your website. I suggest you not to do that here or else moderator on this site will spot that and will issue either ban or infraction, whichever applies.

Although I am not familar with the use of frameworks, there is a PHP framework called Zend Framework (https://framework.zend.com/) which you may want to have a look at. I also found a site that is dedicated to comparing the different PHP frameworks available, PHP Frameworks (http://www.phpframeworks.com/). It has a nice table comparing the different PHP Frameworks based on features and compatibility included in those frameworks.