xisto Community
imjjss

Newbie Question About Database hosting database externally

On free hosting, the max database space is normally around 50MB. I have no idea how this 50MB works. I plan my website to host a community and run multi services. Is 50 MB enough?If 50MB not enough, where I can get a reliable database free hosting service? By the way, I'm not a tech person. I know nothing about database stuffs, but I am a fast learner-- able to learn basical things. A bit complicated is ok, but not able to dive into tech issues too deep. So, what would you recommend?

The database space is the space used inside the database. It stores what needs to be stored inside a database, like usernames. In photo galleries, it stores the path to the pictures, and in forums it stores the text people entered.50M means roughly that people typed several millions keystokes on their keyboard, which is usually enough for a small website.Here at Xisto, the mysql space is included in your hosting plan, in your cpanel you can watch how it's used, and at any moment you can change the max value if you reach it too fast, simply by ordering a hosting plan modification.