xisto Community
imjjss

Do I Need To Submit My Blog To Search Engines?

I am nearly finishing my blog design. I thought nobody knew my blog. But from the traffice chart, I see there are already a few visitors. I don't know how they find my site.When install WordPress, there's an option of "make your blog published to the world" (I don't remember the exactly words). Does it mean Wordpress automatically submit my blog to search engines already? Do I still need to submit my blog again?

I am nearly finishing my blog design. I thought nobody knew my blog. But from the traffice chart, I see there are already a few visitors. I don't know how they find my site.
When install WordPress, there's an option of "make your blog published to the world" (I don't remember the exactly words). Does it mean Wordpress automatically submit my blog to search engines already? Do I still need to submit my blog again?

There are several possibilities that people can visit your website. Google has scrawl programs who search the internet for new websites.
And websites that offer blogsites have often a list of new registered blog names. Maybe the website you use to start a blog has such a list or a list of all users too.

It is the best to submit the url of the blog to search websites yourself to make a little bit sure the name of the website of the blog will be in the list and the results of the search website. A submission doesn't automatically mean the name of the blog will be put in the list though. And with the opinion that it is the best is meant that this is the best way to make as sure as possible that the website gets submitted and found by people who look for the subject the blog deals with when they use search websites.
Edited by zenia (see edit history)

Can I submit my site to the same search engin multi times? When submit a stie, do I need to provide a sitemap? If a site map is required, then, later after I fnish designing, my sitemap might be changed. So... confusing.Sorry for my dummy question, but this search engine thingy is really confusing to me.

Google allows to send the url of a website to them. The website with the page to send the url to Google allows to add some comments to the request to add the url of the website to the list with results of Google. There is no option to send more information about the content of the website to Google. The submission of a sitemap is not necessary. Google states that when the url of the start page is sent to Google the search engine finds the other parts of the website by itself.

Maybe it is possible to sent the url's of the other parts of the website to Google to, just to be sure.

A look at the page of Google that is used to send in an url can make the procedure more clear.

The search terms: 'add url' will probably show a link to the page that can be used to send an url to Google.

Edited by zenia (see edit history)

It is advisable to submit your URL to search engines if you want users to be able to find your blog. If you don't, you will be relying on sites that already be crawled and indexed to link to your site in some way or other, so that Google's bots 'crawl' onto your site.For Google, you can also submit an XML sitemap of your blog for indexing through the Google Webmaster Tools (https://www.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2F&followup=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2F). Also, the Google Webmaster Tools also allows to monitor for indexing problems (i.e. dead or broken links) in addition to controlling what content you want indexed on Google's search results.For other search engines, there are sites like SubmitExpress which provides a free service to submit your blog's URL to a number of different search engine without having to find the URL submission form manually for every search engine.

in more than 90% cases, search engines find your blog through a link coming from some other website because one of the first things webmasters do is obtain links to their websites. I remember in my early days with this search engine thing, i submitted my website to google and I was very disappointed to see that google might take 6 weeks to index my website. Furthermore there was no surety of whether it will include my website in its index or not. After getting a bit disappointed, i tried to search for methods to get my website indexed in quick time. i searched a lot and finally found a SEO guide in which there was a very brilliant method given.It was stated there that search engine bots follow any links on a webpage that they are currently indexing. SO all you need to do is to obtain a link to your website from a webpage which is currently being indexed by google. In this way, when google bot will come to the page, it will see the link to your website and follow it. After that it will have a look at your website and if it finds your website good enough to be included in the index, it will add it. That is how I got my website indexed in about 5 days.So submitting your website to search engines is a good thing to be on the safer side because suppose that the pages you have obtained links from are banned or are not currently indexed or some other thing happens to them, then your indexing is at a risk. Furthermore, submission doens't take much time. It will take about 2 minutes to inform a search engine about your website. So be on the safer side but your focus should be on obtaining a high quality link from a high quality website to get your blog indexed quickly.

Google and Duckduck go thinks that it's better to see the links pointing to your site. So i guess you should collect more links to your site than submitting manually via their search submit feature. Google works better if you collect more backlinks instead of pinging with feed aggregation. So consider using backlinks to your site instead of generating links via feed reader or by wishing for random traffic by praying. Same goes for the bing but they consider high authority links in order to rank you better on search engines. Bing is also good at detecting on-page SEO format of your page. Off-page SEO is not much popular in bing but they're soon planning for the off-page additions. In my opinion you should keep eye on bing webmaster blog as well as google webmaster blog. Duck duck go seems to be good search engine for the queries related to technology and science. I consider it to be growing more in upcoming future. So instead of monetizing for google, you should consider thinking about this search engine as well. Bing and yahoo is also growing and then they're soon going to be more powerful than google. Google has low quality search engine results so soon bing and yahoo will soon take over them. This is the reason facebook joined with bing instead of google. Facebook was planning for their own search engine, but they somehow it failed to work out for them. So do consider optimizing for google and other search engines as well.

Be part of the search engines maybe it´s very difficult because the main purpose it isn´t to be in the results, the real purpose is to generate good and qualified traffic to your site from the search engines like Google, bing and Yahoo. Maybe starscream is good with his vision, but in my opinion you have to focus all your SEO efforts in Google because all the others search engines only have a 10% of the cake of the search engines. Google actually control more than 85% of the search engines industry. So what sense do have positioning in the other search engines? Well that is my opinion. But you have a lot of options to send your website to Google but I recommend you to use the Google webmaster tool and send a sitemap because if your site is found by the link in another site you are exposed to be spammed if the site where your link is have been indicated for spam. And you can be accused a spam site because generate spam backlinks is not more allowed by google.For example if I left my website link in this post and the Google bot visit this topic I will be in trouble because my website is related with ecology and the search engines topics doesn´t have any related to it. So remember in search engines things we are now in the age of relevance. If you generate a backlink in a website that is not related to your website´s content you will have troubles in the future and your position in the google search engine.Google is unique. Google control almost all the traffic rate and goes to up. So send a sitemap open a webmaster tools account and make all the optimizations that your website requires to be in the first positions in google and you will have a lot of good and qualified traffic to your site and you will get good convertion of this traffic.