xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ahsaniqbalkmc

How To Make A Search Engine For You Own Website?

I have added google's custom search engine to my website but I am not happy with it. I have very little control over it. I want more control with the way the results are displayed and if I can create my own search engine for my website, it will be the best thing.Please tell me what type of knowledge I need to have to be able to make my website's own search. If you can tell me where I can find the code, then it will be the easiest way I think.

I hate to tell you but I think Google is the best way to go. There are several search engine scripts that you can download and run on your server but they donĂ¢t compare to the power of Google. The scripts that I have seen can only be run manually so you will have to rebuild the index every time you make a change to your site. Indexing is also very resource intensive so many hosts do not take kindly to them.There are also several professional scripts that will cost you. The ones that I have seen are usually in the neighborhood of $1000. You can also buy third-party indexing servers or Google servers (https://www.google.de/work/search/products/gsa.html) to do your searching.I may be completely wrong in this so feel free to correct me.