xisto Community
butchoi

Laptop 5 Time Reformated

I have a laptop machine ive always encounter problems and i already formated 5 time since it was buy i dont know what the exact problem of this machine, i already bring this to pc shop and they advised me that i have to purchase new one thats not good on my side. any advise would be appreciated!

Please describe what happens when the startbutton is pressed.
Does the laptop start?
Does something show up on the screen?
Do the lights shine?
Does the fan turn around?
Does the hard disk make any noise?
Please give more information.
Please read the topic about how to repair a computer.
Is there an operating program installed on the computer after the formatting attemps?
What happens when a dvd or a cd with an operating program is put into the cd player or dvd writer?
Does the laptop boot?

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/97866-topic/?findpost=

Just give us the Make and Model of your laptop. Based of that i(we) can get a general idea what problems you might be having. People here have a considerable experience when it comes to identifying and resolving issues. If you give us some feedback we can give some ideas and suggestions as to where to start. This might also help you save time and money... and even another format and reinstall.To date I have taken apart about 10 laptops. Most of them were old and obsolete, so i got a chance to work on them without worrying about breaking any components - which are usually plastic or from rolled thin aluminum like metals. I have fixed maybe 2-3 laptops.I will say this. There comes a time when the price to replace something like an lcd screen along with upgrading the memory, hard drive, and reinstalling an OS or upgrade is not really worth the cost of fixing the laptop. I just have to inform clients to take it as a loss. Or even buying a more recent used laptop with no problems as an alternative to acquiring a new laptop.Hope this helps.Levimage :)

if its a hard disk error than a normal format might not be deleting all of the data (virus related maybe) then try a low level format. but as previous posters have said describe you problem first then it will help to identify the problem because put it simply if formatting the hdd isn't working then it might not be the hdd. also if your laptop is within warranty just demand a replacement and you don't have to worry about data because well you've formatted the hdd but if you do take it back low level format it first because formatting deletes the address table so the data is still on the disk so data theives could find it and steal personal information like credit card numbers name whatever. by the way low level formatting tools are free toshiba i believe has one as well.

After try to formatting 3 time ,but it fail. I sent to IT Shop. Rapid Data Recovery analysis of my failed laptop. They sent it to Fields Data Recovery for mechanical repairs. Fields did a really good job and we have signed up for their affiliate service.

After try to formatting 3 time ,but it fail. I sent to IT Shop. Rapid Data Recovery analysis of my failed laptop. They sent it to Fields Data Recovery for mechanical repairs. Fields did a really good job and we have signed up for their affiliate service.

It's probably cheaper to buy a new laptop than sending it to a disk repair service. Anyway, it' sounds like a hardware issue to me. Could you download Prime95 and let it run for a couple of hours ? (after starting Prime, just say 'Just stress testing', choose the 'blend' option and press ok. If something is wrong with your memory or cpu, the test will stop. Btw, your laptop might be unresponsive while stresstesting, just let it roll :P

if it was your hard disk failing and it was out of warranty and if you have you windows instal disks then you could have just bought a new laptop hard disk drive off the internet which would have worked out cheaper than buying a new laptop or getting it fixed. the drives are usually easy to fix as well.