xisto Community
zenia

Yellowbird Streetview in video

The new thing on the internet seems to be Yellowbird.Yellowbird is a technique that records a video in an angle of 360 grades.This enables the viewer to look around the position of the video camera.The viewer can decide which part of the scene the viewer wants to see.This looks like streetview.With streetview the viewer decides which part of the street the viewer sees.Streetview works with a picture or a lot of pictures.Yellowbird does the same with video.

Wait, I am a bit confused on the concept of Yellow Bird. Does it allow you to record video that allows the user to view 360 degrees while the video is playing? In Google Maps, you can see the streetview but those are only images. Are we able to have that experience while the video is streaming? This seems pretty interesting and I think it could be the future of video if it is what I am thinking of. If Yellow Bird could somehow be integrated with polarized 3-D technology, that would be amazing. It would be like you are actually there.

yellowBird allows the viewer to watch the video in a complete bulb. The viewer can move the direction of the view upside, downside, to the right and to the left in half circles.
yellowBird

That is absolutely amazing! It would be pretty awesome when yellowBird will start to dominate the video industry. I would love to watch videos like this. I have one more question. What do you mean by half circles?

Very interesting, but as I understand not all videos can be made like that, you need to create special videos, it's quite hard to watch it, but it's really amazing, it uses much more bandwidth I guess to work :)

I have one more question. What do you mean by half circles?

I guess that it's a 360° circle, from backwards left to backwards right, you cannot make a 720° (two turns) rotation.

(...)What do you mean by half circles?
(...)

In the video that is in the link it is possible to have a look from the floor at the bottom up to the roof. In the other post that is ment with a halve circle vertically. That means 180 degrees up and down.
It looks almost like this: (
Or the halve of an O.

It is not possible to move further on the top.
And it is not possible to move further over the bottom going up at the back again.
If that would be possible it would probably mean that the view would get upside down.

Horizontally it is possible to make full circles. It is possible to keep turning around and make circles till the viewer gets dizzy.
Edited by zenia (see edit history)