xisto Community
GrumbleBall

Subdomain Hosting Astahost.com? [solved]

Just wondering whether it is possible to host on subdomain.astahost.com?I have read a few topics from people on here saying it's possible but I couldn't work out how to request for a subdomain :)Is this possible? If so, how would I do this.Many thanks.

Edited by yordan (see edit history)

I have just had a thorough look through the billing site but couldn't see anywhere at all to request for a subdomain so could it be that this is no longer available? :)I've been through order and also through the section where you set up domain, couldn't see anything to do with subdomains at all.If it's possible to register on subdomain.astahost.com, does anyone know how to do it?Thanks again.

I've been through order and also through the section where you set up domain, couldn't see anything to do with subdomains at all.
If it's possible to register on subdomain.astahost.com, does anyone know how to do it?

Have a look here, and the mentionnend step-by-step inside : http://forums.xisto.com/Order-Xxxastahostcmp;hl=subdomain
If the above instructions are not enough, at this point, the fastest way is to "submit a ticket" from your Xisto account, asking the procedure to order an Xisto subdomain.

How to get a free website with a subdomain name at Xisto.com

Instructions

Sending a ticket is almost always a good thing to do.

The response time of the hosting company is very fast.

Beside sending a ticket this site might give some more information:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The things to do are:

First register in the billing area.

Use the same email like the email that is used to register in the forum

This makes sure the credits will appear in the account in the billing area.

Here are links to the billing area.

https://support.xisto.com/

https://support.xisto.com/clientarea.php

The instructions state:

On the next screen choose I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain if you want to apply with our sub-domain name. If you have your own domain name or would like to purchase one, choose other appropriate selection and continue.

If you are choosing one of our sub-domain names please follow this step carefully. After selecting I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain enter your desired sub-domain name in the SECOND field followed by entering Xisto.com or Xisto.com extension in the THIRD field.

The tric is to chose the third option.

And the second part of the tric is to chose a name for the subdomain and to write this name of the subdomain in the first field.

The third part of the tric is to write the main part of the subdomain name in the second emtpy field.

In this second window can be written the main part of the subdomain name like:

# yourname.elugs.com

# yourname.tuckie.com

# yourname.creativeriots. com

# yourname.protectgaea.com

# yourname.xysis.net

# yourname.trap17. net

# yourname.astahost.net

# yourname.antilost.com

So in the first window the first part of the subdomain name is written.

In the second window the second part of the subdomain name is written.

This is the part that comes after the dot. And with dot is meant the sign like this: .

The last part of the subdomain name needs to be typed in the second window too.

So .com and .net need to be written in the second window too.

So suppose this subdomain name is chosen:

elephant.xysis.net

so elephant is written in the window at the left.

and xysis.net is written in the window at the right site of the screen.

Please tell what is done.

When the efforts and activities that are done are put in a post it is more easy to understand what is done wrong.

And that makes it more easy to try to suggest solutions in order to order a subdomain name.

There are at least asta$ 2,-- needed for the first application for a free website during 1 month.

Posted Image

The first part of the subdomain name is written in the window with arrow 5.

The second part of the subdomain name is written in the window with arrow 6.

The usual last part of the subdomain name .com and .net are written in the window with arrow 6 too.

Using the name of the example the name elephant is written in window 5.

The part of the name of the new website xysis.net are written in the window with the number 6.

Please feel free to ask more questions when any problem arizes.

Maybe there will be answers given in the forum.

Edited by zenia (see edit history)