xisto Community
zenia

How To Use Html. The easy way to use html.

@manuleka: I have to agree that you example is much better. However the original others, for the most part, show just basic HTML and don't show the more indepth parts that could, will, lead to questions about doc types and what not. I know when I started learning HTML years ago I started with an example like yours and tore it appart trying to figure out what everything in it was. While I have to admit that was one of the most productive and learning intensive points of my HTML experiance I also have to admit that it give me one major headache. Some times its necessary to give a very basic example of a single section rather then try to explain a simple idea inside a complex example.

hehe couldn't agree more... i started learning HTML (my first touch on some programming language (markup) - some would argue doing html isn't programming - but in my view it is) out of personal interest to put up a simple website, so i went to w3schools and went through most of the html tutorials/guides there... it was really helpful, especially for myself as i haven't had any programming experience prior to that...

i also tried self learning CSS for sometime... i wish i had kept going with them but then lost interest when i met wordpress (CMS)... although understanding HTML and CSS is very very handy when working on CMS themes... i had to learn php though (which i still haven't gotten pass basics)

hehe couldn't agree more... i started learning HTML (my first touch on some programming language (markup) - some would argue doing html isn't programming - but in my view it is) out of personal interest to put up a simple website, so i went to w3schools and went through most of the html tutorials/guides there... it was really helpful, especially for myself as i haven't had any programming experience prior to that...
i also tried self learning CSS for sometime... i wish i had kept going with them but then lost interest when i met wordpress (CMS)... although understanding HTML and CSS is very very handy when working on CMS themes... i had to learn php though (which i still haven't gotten pass basics)

HTML would probably not pass as a programming language as it doesn't provide any basic programming features like flow control, exception handling and method/object definitions. However, it's a great markup language to know which might help you learn other languages (for example, you could learn Java EE and use HTML as the front-end which is much nicer and easier to work with than the default Java GUI frameworks).

HTML would probably not pass as a programming language as it doesn't provide any basic programming features like flow control, exception handling and method/object definitions. However, it's a great markup language to know which might help you learn other languages (for example, you could learn Java EE and use HTML as the front-end which is much nicer and easier to work with than the default Java GUI frameworks).

I think its one of the best language to start with if someone without any programming knowledge would wanna start doing some programming...

I think its one of the best language to start with if someone without any programming knowledge would wanna start doing some programming...

Indeed, besides, you'll get the hang of working with tags, learn to do stuff in a well organized manner and you'll learn how to use google too :P

Indeed, besides, you'll get the hang of working with tags, learn to do stuff in a well organized manner and you'll learn how to use google too :P

and of course it is much simpler than a proper programming language...

so for me if I'm encouraging or helping a person to do programming, i would suggest he/she start with mark-up language and styling (like HTML/XML/CSS) then later on add to it some scripting (say python/php), then finally move to C/C++/Java and so forth

and of course it is much simpler than a proper programming language...
so for me if I'm encouraging or helping a person to do programming, i would suggest he/she start with mark-up language and styling (like HTML/XML/CSS) then later on add to it some scripting (say python/php), then finally move to C/C++/Java and so forth

I would personally advise people to go for c++ if they really want to learn how to program. It's not that hard to learn and you can really focus on the basics (flow control, exception handling, etc ...) and you can also go a lot deeper using pointers and memory management (this is a must, even if you don't need it anymore in modern programming languages, the basics of memory management still remain interesting to know).

I would personally advise people to go for c++ if they really want to learn how to program. It's not that hard to learn and you can really focus on the basics (flow control, exception handling, etc ...) and you can also go a lot deeper using pointers and memory management (this is a must, even if you don't need it anymore in modern programming languages, the basics of memory management still remain interesting to know).

i think getting a good solid foundation and understanding of the fundamentals of programming is essential for a good career in the field...

here at the local University, C is the introductory programming language used... lucky for me i started with HTML/CSS --> Scripting(Python/PHP) --> and then C (very easy and smooth transition)... i don't think i will go any further though C++/C#/Java ?? most probably not

i think getting a good solid foundation and understanding of the fundamentals of programming is essential for a good career in the field...
here at the local University, C is the introductory programming language used... lucky for me i started with HTML/CSS --> Scripting(Python/PHP) --> and then C (very easy and smooth transition)... i don't think i will go any further though C++/C#/Java ?? most probably not

Here at the University of Ottawa, they teach Java in programming. I'm currently studying software engineering and so far everything up to second-year has been in Java. I'm not really sure why, since Java is rarely used nowadays (though I did read somewhere that it was a recommended requirement to get hired by Facebook as a software engineering). I've also heard that mechanical engineers are in a course that uses the C programming language though.

Here at the University of Ottawa, they teach Java in programming. I'm currently studying software engineering and so far everything up to second-year has been in Java. I'm not really sure why, since Java is rarely used nowadays (though I did read somewhere that it was a recommended requirement to get hired by Facebook as a software engineering). I've also heard that mechanical engineers are in a course that uses the C programming language though.

yip different areas and department schools apply different programming languages... i think the best is to pick one and try to be fluent in it, then learning another wouldn't be so hard, more like just using quick reference guides to pickup syntax and stuff...