xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jonline

Review Of Sony Ericsson Satio

Had this phone for almost a year now and I must say i'm not too happy with it. After going on a 24 month £30 a month contract I expected alot better. There are some good things such as the 12mp camera, however it's the software that's mostly poor. The facebook app is pretty crap and the youtube app is appauling. Also the dedicated app store (play now) is the worst excuse for an app store you will ever find. You can't search for apps, theres nothing like top free apps and most apps you have to pay for. This left me no choice but to hack my phone as I really couldn't deal with such a poor excuse for an app store. When I hacked it started to become pretty good, i could downloadapps from the ovi store for example (why sony ericsson built a phone on their rivals os platform (symbian) I will never understand), I could get alot more apps but the ovi store isn't great either to be honest.The thing that really grinds my gears is that a few weeks ater sony ericsson released a better upgrade of the phone on android (the sony ericsson vivaz) while the satio is on nokia's poor platform symbian. I have some advice for everyone who is planning on gettng a new phone, it seems like common sense now but ALWAYS go instore and test the phone (or play on a friends) first and be critical because most phone contracts nowadays last 24 months. Anyway as for my next phone I'm considering getting a HTC or blackberry. Could you guys give any tips or advice as to which ones and why?

So , what can i say , I haven't got a chance to compare but it should be more or less the same ( HTC or Blackberry) .But if you want a real mobile phone i suggest you to choice between Sony Ericsson or Nokia , is all about what are you looking for when you choice a mobile phone , application , software , Symbian , Android , QWERTY keyboard , touch display ....and much more.Don´t rush to store and buy when the phone come up , just wait 2-3 weeks read some rewiev and then go for it.Just my opinion.